D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By 92dxeg
#357012 I have 1997 that I got the guy parked it last winter and just got it today so like a year it was sitting .. it needed a battery ok check did that car cranks extremely slow found it was that starter ok check changed that, car cranks faster and sound like it's just about to start sounds better then b4 sounds like it wants to start like it almost there... any ideas I check spark with the plugs 3 of them were blue spark 1 was a orange color.. any ideas weak spark maybe ? ? Please any insight Will help I wanna fix it tommrow ...
By 92dxeg
#357212 What is the firing order for a 97 civic D Series non vtec I can spray starting fluid in there and it doesn't even kick over it wants to but it doesn't start
By teal_dx
#357216 Image

How long are you cranking the motor for when trying to start it?

I had a 96 civic that sat outside for a few months one time and it was not starting, everything was correct on the engine. Finally I put jumper cables to another car and cranked it for like 30 seconds straight and it slowly started to sputter more and more, until it finally fired up. Then it ran & drove fine and never gave me that problem again.
By 92dxeg
#357218 I tried that but I only tried cranking for 15 seconds are so cuz I didn't want to fry the starter the new starter I put in I mean it's getting air fuel and spark its just got me totally confused what killed it was sitting outside for so long
By teal_dx
#357248 It ran when he parked it right?
Pop start isnt going to do anything if it isn't firing up. I'd replace plug wires & Be sure firing order is correct and try cranking it longer, especially if it starts to studder as you're cranking it.
This is assuming everything else is correct and the car was running fine when parked.
Also, have you drained & put fresh gas in it yet?