D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By jmelton327
#356317 i have a d16z6 engine in the 92 hatch si i just bought and there is a hole in the block, i have been looking around my area and cannot find a d16z6 near me, with this said what other block will mount to the transmission and the head, any information will be much appreciated. thank you
By HeikDiesel
#356323 Pretty much any d series block will bolt to both components. With that being said if it was me personally I'd probably just buy a complete d15b and swap that in. By the time you find a decent short/long block and swap everything over with gaskets and components you almost come out ahead just buying a full complete engine. Just my opinion of course.
By jmelton327
#356337 Hey I have someone with a complete d15b2 Engine, needs a headgasket which I'm fine with that but with this said, would I have to do anything to my wiring? Could I use the d15b2 head or would I have to use the d16z6 head and dizzy? I'm new to all this also what timing belt would I use
By HeikDiesel
#356343 Out of a 88-91 Civic/Crx? If so that should be obd-0 which if you wanted to keep the obd1 harness and components you can use as much off the d16 like distributor and complete intake manifold. I don't know d series very well so you may check other d series specific sites or maybe teal will chime in, I know he's worked on them quite a bit.
By teal_dx
#356426 the OBD0 D15b2 is DPFI (2 injectors) instead of the better MPFI (4 injectors) that the OBD1 D16z6 has. However, the Bd5b2 block is pretty much the same as a D15b7. It's the head and DPFI intake manifold that make the D15b2 a turd.
So definitely keep your d16z6 head, dizzy, intake manifold, injectors, wiring... and just swap the entire bad z6 block for the D15b2 block. It will essentially be the same as running a D15b7 mini-me with a D16z6 head.
By broken
#357659 Not sure if this will help or not. I have used Car-Parts.com to find parts for my hatch. It is a site that all junkyards are linked to. You can find just about anything you need on there. And you can sort your searches by mileage, price, etc...