D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By 94civicmtn
#354575 I posted not to long ago about maybe buying a crx My friend has but the more I thought about it it was a bit rougher then I'd like for my budget and time. But the motor is a d15b7 which is what my ej2 has and it looks like it's had work done. The block has been painted and is the cleanest thing on the car actually has a header and some sort of different intake mani. It's not a y8 im and I don't think it's a z6 but it's definitely different then mine? But my point is that the motor looks pretty decent. Now the car has major electrical issues and we couldn't get it to turn over. So if I buy the motor is there another way to start it then from on the column?
By Driv-it-hard
#354576 You could install a simple starter button.
This will allow you to start the car from the outside and not turn the key. You would need to make sure thew ECU has power to control the motor.

By 94civicmtn
#354577 I've seen one used be4 but never touched one lol the motor is in the car at the moment so I shouldn't have to do anything with the ecu should I? And if I start it to shut it off should I just put my hand over the intake to block it off?
By Driv-it-hard
#354578 Question,
Have you tried to jump the car with a fresh battery ?
Have you check all fuses ?

What are the issue with the electrical ?
By 94civicmtn
#354579 Well the battery we used was good cause we used the one off my car and the key has been broke inside it so someone put a push button init and there are some loose wires hanging from the column and I put a couple together and got it to turn on and here the fuel pump come on but it wouldn't turn the motor over or anything. Also didn't see any bad fuses that I know of. Or what if I taped the wires together that had the lights and fuel pump turn on and just use a truck and pull it to roll start it??
By Driv-it-hard
#354580 OK.
With that, sounds like you have a bad ignition switch.
If I read correctly, your just buying the motor and not the car.
If the motor starts and you are fine with the sound of the motor . Then you are golden.
Now if you are buying the car and it is going to be a project, then you know the motor runs. now it time to fix the problems with the ignition and other things.
By 94civicmtn
#354581 Well not long ago I posted about buying the car for 500. But I thought about it and the car is pretty trashed really but someone put that motor in and it looks pretty dang clean and we talked about me just buying the motor a while back so hopefully we can work it out. I'd just like to have a spare motor and tranny really lol
By Driv-it-hard
94civicmtn wrote:Well not long ago I posted about buying the car for 500. But I thought about it and the car is pretty trashed really but someone put that motor in and it looks pretty dang clean and we talked about me just buying the motor a while back so hopefully we can work it out. I'd just like to have a spare motor and tranny really lol

Thats all ways a great idea.
Best of Luck.