D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By Civic Savior
#353752 Got in my car this morning and it started right up. Drove to the store and came out to a car that wouldnt start. All i get is a single click from the starter.

All grounds have been cleaned and tightened. Battery terminals have been cleaned and have replaced the negative clamp (nut was stripped). Confirmed battery is fully charged. Tested with multi meter to confirm power to starter. Actually replaced the starter. Same symptoms. Car runs and drives when kick started. Myself and copylifted are both completely stumped...any other ideas out there???

D15B7: header, intake, accel coil.
By suspendedHatch
#353756 What if you use jumper cables to to ground the transmission housing to the negative battery terminal? Does that fix it?

Similarly, jump the battery positive to the post on the starter. Then jump the starter post to the starter solenoid.
By Civic Savior
suspendedHatch wrote:What if you use jumper cables to to ground the transmission housing to the negative battery terminal? Does that fix it?

Similarly, jump the battery positive to the post on the starter. Then jump the starter post to the starter solenoid.

Will try this in the morning. And is that simultaneously with the battery method?
By CopyLifted
#353763 I will add that when probing the S terminal, it gives a good 11.5 - 12 volts (can't remember the exact voltage) when the key is in the start position. So the ignition switch is fine.

When the + stud on the starter is probed, it gives a .6 volt reading. Which at the time i wasn't sure what that meant but I now know that it's a voltage drop test. And that reading is good. Meaning, battery terminals are clean and supplying all voltage from the battery when key is turned to the start position.

As mentioned, all grounds have been cleaned and tightened. The car can be push started.

WTF are we missing? The starter just makes one click when the key is in the start position. To me, it still points to a bad starter.

:?
By CopyLifted
Civic Savior wrote:FIXED!!

Faulty wiring betweem battery amd starter.

Replaced cable and connections. Fired right up.

Thanks for all the help guys!

OMG!!! lol

YAY!!!
By Civic Savior
#353803 So there are new problems now. Battery ground had to be relocated due to bolt hole being stripped out. Also replaced battery positive connector ( old one was beat and needed to be replaced. Now when you turn the key you get a loud click and all power is lost. Come back in 30 minutes and the power is back... :? Im stumped....
By broken
#354124 Have you checked the PGM-F1 relay under the drivers dash. Its up against the side wall above the fuse box. If my memeory serves me correctly this can cause the issue you are having. I have replaced mine along time ago. They are around $90