D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By Rufuseg8
#352432 First off I have a 1995 honda civic eg8 with a jdm d15b.
200,XXX miles.

Current symtoms:

Over heating (obviously)
Overheating while driving
Heater not working, but fan blowing (even while car is past normal operating temp)
Radiator not pressurized, meaning when car is warm/ hot. Radiator cap is cool to touch and cap can /has been removed. Obviously not normal.
Lower radiator hose soft but upper will engage which I know bc of bleeder bolt

Attempted repairs:
Drained and refilled system according to my helms to remove air from system
Replaced thermatstat
Ran car with only cap and gasket of thermostat aka gutting thermostat hoping to cool car more easily

Now I am suspecting water pump but someone else suggested head gasket. Any ideas or suggestions are welcome but I may not respond until tonight bc I work overnight.

Thanks in advance, you guys have always been helpful.
By TrailerTrash
#352433 water pump. i guarantee you 100% that if you touch the heater core hoses, they will be cold. that means the water pump isnt circulating the coolant

did you buy the car like this? i ask because if this problem was going on with the previous owner the car could have been overheated enough to blow the head gasket. so you could actually have both problems.
By Rufuseg8
#352435 No, I've hard the car for 5 years. No issues until now. But ty for the advice!
By Rufuseg8
#352448 Any other suggestions, before I replace this water pump or is everyone in consensus?
By TrailerTrash
#352449 since you are going to have it all apart anyway to get to the water pump you might aswell replace the timing belt and timing belt tensioner.

youll need to check out this thread to figure out which water pump, timing belt, and tensioner you need.
http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=13341

and do alot of reading on how the whole deal is done. you dont want to put it back together withoyt enough tension on the timing belt or with everything timed wrong