D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By 94civicmtn
#352158 I feel like I'm askin common questions but I've searched and found info but nothing straight forward. I got a d15b7. I know if I want more power, I should take out the b7 haha but I can't at the moment. I can get a y8 intake manifold from a friend for little to nothing but from what I've read there's some extra work involved that I don know much about... and I've read a z6 IM is basically plug and play But I'd have to find and buy one. Soooo.... should I go for the y8? is it worth it as far as gains? What all is involved? I know Ill need a y8 fuel rail bUT else is involved?
By 94civicmtn
#352167 Anyone got any new info?
By teal_dx
#352189 You're probably not really going to feel any difference on a stock d15b7. There's some details on putting the y8 intake manifold on an OBD1 engine in the mini-me thread: http://www.civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=10 :thumb:
By suspendedHatch
#352198 The Y8 may look beefier but the Z6 will give you the most top end gain, and it wont require any fanagling of the IAT, throttle cable bracket, or worry about the IACV on automatic manifolds.
By 94civicmtn
#352200 Ok guess I will look for a z6. Thanks for the info guys!