D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By vince72310
#351678 i have a 92-95 D15B7 non vtec in my 95 DX hatch that has a warped head and broken head gasket instead of fixing that im gonna put the money towards a 92-95 single stage VTEC D15B Long block from HMO so as of now i know everything will just bolt up to my engine bay and itll be for a automatic not a 5speed unfortunately, the tranny should bolt right on to, also ill be able to use some of the d15b7 parts but i think HMO provides most or all the parts. i know ill need a new ECU a p08 correct? and ill be able to pass smog with that ecu if im not mistaken. is there anything else?

HMO d15b includes
- Motor
- Intake Manifold
- Exhaust Manifold
- Injectors
- Fuel Rail
- Throttle body
- Alternator
- Distributor
- P08 ECU $150 more

plus some of my d15b7 parts ill need
By TrailerTrash
#351679 EDIT: let me rephrase that

you do not NEED a p08. an automatic p28 will do. much easier to find and cheaper aswell
By vince72310
#351696 im kinda excited about getting a d15b i know it isnt the bessst but i know itll be way better then the one i have now, long term will be a GSR B18 8) im just stressed about the money part to buy the d15b i jsut gotta save and slowly but surely ill have it
By TrailerTrash
#351705 an automatic p28 would be from a 92-95 civic EX auto.

i have had 3 EGs with d15b7s and one that i still have with a D15B and its like night and day. the D15B is a screamer dude.

specially with a few bolt ons :thumb:
By vince72310
#351726 what do you mean by screamer? lol ive been watching alot of vids on the d15b and man its a mini monster :lol: even for being an automatic one the d15b will hold me over till i drop a gsr b18
By vince72310
#351763 hey quick question to anybody who has a 92-95 jdm d15b vtec
when i go to autozone to buy a part for the engine what do i say?
i have a 95 honda civic 1.5 vtec? lol with my d15b7 i just say 1.5 non vtec, i guess it depends on what year the d15b comes from?
By teal_dx
#351765 What parts are you getting? To be honest, I'd avoid autozone for parts. I've had their plug wires fall apart and I know of people who bought remanufactured alternators just to have them not work right out of the box.
Unless it has a lifetime warranty, I'd reconsider.
By TrailerTrash
#351782 by screamer i mean 7800rpms is fun on a bun

you cant just get any old parts for the JDM D15B.

what parts do you need to buy? some parts you have to mix and match. like the timing belt/tensioner/water pump for example
By vince72310
#352142 i dont need any parts yet because i have not got the engine yet but i was preparing and learning about the d15b, yeah i figured out i will need to mix match parts which is kind of a bummer, and so far ive gotten a few engine parts for my d15b7 from autozone in the past and they work well, plus lifetime warranty lol
By suspendedHatch
#352199 I believe there is a big thread on this forum that is all about JDM D15B parts.
By TrailerTrash
#352652 EX or and SI tranny for sure
By vince72310
#352654 yeah i figured EX :thumb: im gonna get my d15b from HMO next weekend and have it installed with an auto tranny then save up again and swap in a EX tranny, anyone know what that tranny is called? hopefully i can find everything for the auto to 5speed swap easily and a good fullpart tranny
By vince72310
#354015 the time has come for me to buy my jdm d15b sohc vtec engine and covert my transmission from auto to 5 speed 8)

here is a list of the parts i have and/or buying this week for this swap and conversion. If i am missing ANYTHING please let me know thanks!

Sohc manual starter
Short Shifter
Speed Sensor
Shift Linkage
Clutch Master Cylinder
Clutch Slave Cylinder
Clutch Lines
Clutch Hydraulic
3 piece pedal assembly with Throttle Cable
Flywheel
Clutch Kit
Clutch & Flywheel Bolts (If not included)
Virgin P28 ECU
Auto to 5speed Tranny Mount

I am ONLY buying the Clutch & Flywheel NEW the everything else i am buying pre-owned or junkyard