D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By TrailerTrash
#354025 do not get some cheapo aluminum short shifter. ive seen them break very easily.

get a good name brand one or before you put everything together, make your factory shifter into a short throw
By vince72310
#354265 i am in the process of an auto to 5spd swap i have a d15b7 and just bought a d15b from what ive been reading i NEED z6 distributor (vtec) and z6 spark plug wires and z1 water pump/timing belt/ tensioner. can i use ANYTHING from my d15b7 on my d15b?? intake manifold? idk im on a budget so i NEED to know if i can re-use my b7 parts thanks!
By teal_dx
TrailerTrash wrote:do not get some cheapo aluminum short shifter. ive seen them break very easily.

get a good name brand one or before you put everything together, make your factory shifter into a short throw

Haha learned that the hard way back in the day. My $12 ebay short shifter fell apart under, by the linkage, and I could only drive home in 3rd-4th gear. :lol:
By teal_dx
#354303 I'm not 100% certain with the JDM D15b intake mani, but pretty sure the OBD1 version has an intake manifold similar to the D16z6. (OBD2 version is similar to y8).
So you could re-use your D15b7 intake manifold, but it's not going to flow quite as well as the ond for the JDM D15b vtec.

The main difference on the JDM D15b vtec is there is no vac line for the purge valve solenoid, that goes from the back of the IM to the charcoal canister - Japan didn't have those emissions.

You'll get a CEL if you leave the evap. purge valve unplugged, so you can get a "T" splitter and tap into another vacuum line that is the same size. The one for the Fuel Pressure regulator is perfect because it is the same size, also has vacuum.

The only other issue might be a throttle body MAP sensor vs a firewall mounted MAP sensor. Easy to sort out, depending on what you have and what your new motor will have.

I'm not 100% on all this, never working on JDM D15B's, but it's all minor things so when you get the motor we can help you sort it all out

:thumb: :thumb:
By iLLson
#354309 if you do go the yard for parts, be sure to grab the clutch lines that go from mc to slave.

im using a stainless line since it was cheap. i bought my stainless line for $30 on ebay :]

have fun and let er riiipppp!