D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By Andre3th0u
#350506 I have recently discovered a blown head gasket on my eg. The head was probably warped due to the over heating. I am having this done for me by a friend of my dads. I don't have the time, tools, or resources to do it confidently at home. I am just curious on what parts i need to get from the parts store to get this done and to know which parts work for my engine. I am having head checked, will be doing water pump and timing belt while it's apart, and the 2 heater core hoses that I haven't replaced yet. I have been researching and I have been seeing different opinions on what works and doesn't work for the d15b non-vtec. I'm assuming the d15b7 parts will work just would like clarification.
By turbo_tony
#350586 I don't understand what your trying to ask here...
By turbo_tony
#350590 http://honda-tech.com/honda-crx-ef-civi ... t-3139867/
There you go buddy.
As for what you should replace I recommend replacing timing belt and it's components (water pump, tensioner, etc) also while your there replace cam and front main seal it wouldn't hurt. And if I'm not mistaken d15b7 parts should work for it.
By teal_dx
#350593 In the pm you sent me, you said the engine was a 1996? If so, that's an obd2 motor, which has differences from an obd1 motor that came in the 92-95 civic.
I have the non vtec d15b. It was swapped in by previous owner after the stock engine blew. They had written 96 civic dx on title to buy parts for it. I have a 94 civic lx, I just wanted to double check that the 96 dx would work for parts.

Lets figure out exactly what you have first. Can you post a couple pic of the engine and a pic of the stamping on the block?
By turbo_tony
#350595 Ah that's an important piece of info you left out bro. Good looking out teal_dx :thumb:
By Andre3th0u
#350596 The engine was put into my car by the previous owner. It is stamped d15b and they had written 1996 civic dx on the title for us to get parts. I just was trying to double check that the 96 model would work for the engine. I can post pictures later tonight of the stamp and everything. It's a pain on my phone.