D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By 92civicEGsedan
#350264 Okay I'm possibly getting a z6 with a manual transmission this Sunday comes with everything except the wiring harness and Ecu will my wiring harness work with the engine?(I know I'll need to wire the vtec solenoid but is that all?)I know the Ecu won't work with the engine but does auto and manual ecus have different plug ins for the wiring harness from each other? My car is also a 92 lx d15b7 with a auto
By teal_dx
#350266 You're correct, you'll only need to run the 2 wired for vtec :thumb:
Auto and manual ecu's both use the same plug. So your car is an auto now, but a manual P28 edu will plug in directly and work great once you wire up the vtec for your z6.
By 92civicEGsedan
teal_dx wrote:You're correct, you'll only need to run the 2 wired for vtec :thumb:
Auto and manual ecu's both use the same plug. So your car is an auto now, but a manual P28 edu will plug in directly and work great once you wire up the vtec for your z6.

Thanks teal!
By 92civicEGsedan
#350272 Since my car is a 92 even tho it's a lx do I have to run the vtec solenoid wires to the harness or just to the connector under the hood
By 92civicEGsedan
#350273 I also read something about having to wire in a knock sensor but that was from ht
By teal_dx
92civicEGsedan wrote:Since my car is a 92 even tho it's a lx do I have to run the vtec solenoid wires to the harness or just to the connector under the hood
That was only for 92 Hatchbacks. You'll have to go all the way to the ECU.
By 92civicEGsedan
teal_dx wrote:
92civicEGsedan wrote:Since my car is a 92 even tho it's a lx do I have to run the vtec solenoid wires to the harness or just to the connector under the hood
That was only for 92 Hatchbacks. You'll have to go all the way to the ECU.

That's just great hopefully when I go to the pullapart for pedals and a few odds and ends they have a car with a vtec engine so I can get the Ecu and the wires for it
By 92civicEGsedan
#350398 Well i got the z6 came it was in good condition
By 92civicEGsedan
#351837 I know the auto and manual tranny mounts are different but I don't know which one everyone talks about is this the part that's different?
By teal_dx
#351842 Check the actual mount that connects that bracket to the subframe. That's the part that is slightly different. :thumb:

I think the metal T bracket might be the same for autos and manuals.
By 92civicEGsedan
#351874 Well dang I was hoping it was that piece that was different so I wouldn't have to buy another piece when I decide to swap everything
By 92civicEGsedan
#351886 Well what about the one that bolts to the transmission and passenger side subframe
By teal_dx
92civicEGsedan wrote:Well what about the one that bolts to the transmission and passenger side subframe

They are different, both the main mount and the lower front torque mount.

When installing manual trans in 92-95 auto civic, you'll need a conversion mount for the pass side. The mount from a manual car won't work right because the place on the frame where the mount attaches is different on auto cars.