D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By 94civicmtn
#351944 Hate to start my owe questions on this thread but since we're on the b7 to z6 subject, is the z6 "basically" plug and play other then the ecu and wiring to vtec? I have a manual tranny.
By teal_dx
#351946 Yes, everything else is the same. There are slight differenced between some years such as firewall or throttle body mounted MAP sensor, and some don't have the FITV below the throttle body.
By 92civicEGsedan
teal_dx wrote:
92civicEGsedan wrote:Well what about the one that bolts to the transmission and passenger side subframe

They are different, both the main mount and the lower front torque mount.

When installing manual trans in 92-95 auto civic, you'll need a conversion mount for the pass side. The mount from a manual car won't work right because the place on the frame where the mount attaches is different on auto cars.

Well that just set me back a lot
By EconoBox
#351962 PM me I have an Innovative Billet Auto to Manual tranmission mount I have been trying to sell. $50 shipped for you :thumb: I bought it to put my GSR into my sedan chassis and then I ended up putting the motor back into my hatch so its jsut sitting on my work bench I used it for like 6 months.
By teal_dx
EconoBox wrote:PM me I have an Innovative Billet Auto to Manual tranmission mount I have been trying to sell. $50 shipped for you :thumb: I bought it to put my GSR into my sedan chassis and then I ended up putting the motor back into my hatch so its jsut sitting on my work bench I used it for like 6 months.

That's a hell of a deal :thumb:

I'm wondering if it would work though, because he's using a manual D series trans in an auto chassis and that mount is for a manual B series trans in an auto chassis. :?
By EconoBox
#352048 teal_dx The D/B mounts are the same the only thing to watch out for between which D/B mounts you need are how many bolts are on the passenger side mount (2 or 3).

Also the T-Bracket on the back of the D series is the same for auto and manual and the speed sensor itself between auto and manual is interchangeable but the housing it bolts to is different between the two.

Here is a link to what I have (The one I'm selling has the 75A black bushing)
http://www.innovativemounts.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=B49520