D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By hondachef
#349747 Hey Guys. I have an Eg with a D15b3 engine fitted. I've been wanting to get a D15b 3stage engine from the states or canada for a while now but the costs in getting it to south africa are enormous. Recently I was able to locate a guy who says he has the 3stage head for sale. The head is complete and he's willing to give me a d16a6 fuel injection intake with throttle, no fuel raill and injectors though.

With that said I'd like to know what else I would need to do the swap as well as would it be worth it. What codes should I look out for on the head and the intake. Any info would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance
By teal_dx
#349786 I don't have any experience with the 3-stage vtec, as we never had that motor avail here in the US. Before you jump in to this swap, I'd research on what kind of tuning will be required to get it running in an OBD1 car. There was never an OBD1 ecu for 3 stage vtec.

Here's some very helpful info on SuspendedHatch's page:
http://civic-eg.com/causeforalarm/3-sta ... /index.php
By suspendedHatch
#349798 Being that the car is carbureted, he has a whole host of obstacles to overcome before he can fit any fuel injected engine.