D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By TKAUTOBODY
#349677 Was looking for any advice on the d16z6 setup with a 14b turbo out of a. 1g Dsm.. I'm new to the turbo scene and this will be for my dd ... I don't want to give up ps and ac... And reliability is a big concern I drive 100 miles a day... Or would it be easier if I went with a t3 setup??
By teal_dx
#349683 It all depends on a number of things...
What's your HP goal?
How will you be driving the car?
What is your budget?
As for reliability, what kind of condition is your D16z6 in? You can install a brand new name brand turbo and it will be unreliable on a tired motor.
A .60 T3 will make more power than the DSM 14b. That power will be higher in the powerband. The 14b will spool sooner but will be out of breath before the T3.
By TKAUTOBODY
#349694 We'll it will be a dd... And a budget build... I believe a realistic goal would be around 200hp... With only mod to engine being arp head studs... Prior to installing turbo I will go through engine... Aside from this I was thinking about getting a v2 auto works castiron manifold... And Dsm injectors... That is all I'm solid on... As far as bov and inter cooler and rest of setup I'm not sureabout... Open to suggestions
By jefferydclark
#349718 back when I was looking around for a similar setup, you could get on ebay and buy a conversion plate to go from the typical t3 to a dsm flange for about 50 bucks. it just boils down to finding a cheap cast manifold. if its your first time going boost, I'd suggest just going the cheap route on the turbo manifold just in case you get in over your head. not saying you will, just saying, from experience, its a lot of headache to upkeep a turbo Honda. I'm excited to see the build thread though!! that power goal is doable with that turbo and it'll have some good torque. always have a backup engine and let the force be with you :thumb:
By suspendedHatch
#349752 Reliability will be determined by the tune and the quality of the install moreso even than the choice of parts.