D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By Tocco215
#349649 So my d16z6 wont turn over, i replaced the whole distributor, plugs, plug wires, it cranks but wont turn on. Anyone have any ideas? Igintion switch or main relay maybe? Thanks!
By Driv-it-hard
#349660 Do you have spark. That would be the first place I look. Do you have fuel.
Start there break it down from there.
Did it run before the problem ?
Did you have a CEL on ?
By Tocco215
#349686 No check engine light, and ill check if im getting spark i have a brand new distributor and plugs and wires. Any other ideas?
By Tocco215
#349687 How do i check if i am getting fuel?
By teal_dx
#349690 Listen for the fuel pump priming. You can also pull the spark plug after cranking and sniff for fuel in the combustion chamber.
Why did you replace the dizzy, plugs & wires in the first place? Did it run before that?
By TKAUTOBODY
#349800 Easiest way to check spark is pull the spark plug out... Reattach to the spark plug wires and place the tip against ground and have somebody crank over.. As far as checking for fuel it's a lot easier if you had noid lights... But u can also just smell for fuel after the person is done cranking while u have spark plug out... But a little more info as to how problem started... Such as we're u driving and it shut off or you just bought the car.. Would be a good start... Good luck