D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By Brandonthesmith
#349094 i have a set of b16a ARP main bolts and i'm about to rip apart my mini-me i hastily put together for rings and bearings and was wondering if i could use the arp's since they're just sitting around anyway. i was going to get arp rod bolts too then think head studs later to boost the mini-me seeing as i think the 11.2:1 CR of the y8-b7 mini-me is too high to turbo just yet.
By Leppy
#349120 http://arp-bolts.com/kits/Product.php?P ... t1_page=21

This is all I could find officially. I don't see a listing for any D-series other than D16A, Z, and Y.

A little more research shows that the D16A6/Z6 ones will fit when doing a mini-me.

Dont take my word on this fully, but maybe that will help you.
By HeikDiesel
#349135 You are supposed to line hone a block when you install main studs and rods have to be checked when you upgrade bolts as well. Just a forewarning.
By Brandonthesmith
#349143 im curious as to why you would need to align hone the mains for new studs when the mains haven't changed just the hardware holding them down? also i still haven't found anything about the compatibility of b16 studs with a d series block i think the best bet would be have someone who has some d series main studs laying around to measure them length width and thread pitch and then i'll compare that to the b series ones i have. (teal do you have any left over from the mis-match set for your mini-me you could measure?)
By HeikDiesel
#349148 Because the higher torque values can distort the main bores. They should be checked for roundness, but that's just my .02
By Brandonthesmith
#349197 oh i get it yeah i was just curious i don't know much about engine building let alone bottom end tolerances, i'm mostly into suspension and brakes (not like stance, like i can make a pass in my bone stock eg and beat my buddys built 240's because they all think they're drift kings and i know that proper suspension is key to a good driving/racing car, that and a driver)