D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By broken
#348977 Has anyone ever put an MSD kit on their car. I have a 92' so with a d15b. The cap and rotor are in need of replacement. I saw a kit for a MSD setup that gives you the external coil and a new rotor and cap. I only ask the question cause I realize our factory dizzy has an internal coil. And my concern is what needs to be unplugged to make this work.
By TrailerTrash
#348979 i did this on my buddie's old hatchback.

you have to wire the new coil to the existing internal coil wires and then run them out of the cap to wherever you mount the coil pack
By teal_dx
#348981 Unless your doing some heavy modifications, the stock ignition system will handle anything you throw at it. My engine had the msd setup when I got it. It was good but wasn't cutting it under heavy boost, so I went to a stock setup with internal coil and it ran better.
By madhatchride
#348982 I agree I went out and spent the money for a msd and it did not preform as well as the stock dizzy
By broken
#348989 Thx for the info guys. I knew someone on here had done this before. I am just gonna leave it be with the stock setup then. I dont have any big power mods done yet. And my N/A D15 build motor isnt even done being built yet. Just trying to keep the one in the car running as good as i can for the time being.