3 wires spaced left to right
White-Green-Yellow/green

TPS sensor
3 wires spaced left to right
Yellow/White-Red/Blue-Green/White

IACV sensor
2 wires spaced top bottom
Blue/yellow-yellow/black

This matches up with my new harness that I got to do my wire tuck, from a 92 d15 5speed. My issue is, the IACV sensor I have on top of my throttle body, is a 3 wire plug. (I'm assuming that sensor is the IACV, correct me if I'm wrong please) My old harness from this engine had 3 wires for that sensor, and that engine came out of a 92 hatch dx. So I'm kinda stuck on what to do, can I swap the sensor for the two wire one? Any help is appreciated
Last edited by iThorr on Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By iThorr
egsedanguy wrote:should be able to.but im not sure cause it may throw a code. :?

Well I realized the map sensor is the one on top, the iacv is the thing bolted onto the back of the intake itself and the fps is on the side of the throttle body, but I'm still stuck, because I plugged in the iacv before I saw that I was having this problem, so i'm still not sure what to do here, i'll take a look again tomorrow and take some pics to post
By iThorr
egsedanguy wrote:are you getting the wires mixed up. :?

That is possible, I will double check. If I remember correctly, i read somewhere that the 92-93's have the map sensor on the fire wall and the plug comes from the chassis harness, not the main engine harness, am I correct? If I am, how can I add the wire in to accommodate the map sensor being mounted on the throttle body? The engine is in a 95 ex, so it won't have the map sensor mounted on the firewall
edit: I do have a harness with the map sensor wired on it, but I do not want to use that harness due to many broken plugs and wires spliced together from previous owners, so I bought another d1b7 harness from a 92.
By teal_dx
#348307 You can either use your old throttle body on your new motor and use your original firewall mounted MAP sensor to keep everything plug and play

or

trace the wiring for the firewall mounted Map sensor and cut/extend those wires to go to the shock tower harness on the passenger side, where the engine harness plugs into. You'll have to figure out which pins on the engine harness go to the throttle body mounted MAP and plug the wires from the ECU into the corresponding pins on the other side of the plug on the shock tower.

If you don't like to mess with wiring, pick #1 :thumb:
You may want to have a throttle body gasket on hand incase yours tears when removing the throttle body.
By iThorr
teal_dx wrote:You can either use your old throttle body on your new motor and use your original firewall mounted MAP sensor to keep everything plug and play

or

trace the wiring for the firewall mounted Map sensor and cut/extend those wires to go to the shock tower harness on the passenger side, where the engine harness plugs into. You'll have to figure out which pins on the engine harness go to the throttle body mounted MAP and plug the wires from the ECU into the corresponding pins on the other side of the plug on the shock tower.

If you don't like to mess with wiring, pick #1 :thumb:
You may want to have a throttle body gasket on hand incase yours tears when removing the throttle body.

What I just did actually was swap the plug for the map sensor over to the new harness, everything there matches up. I now have a new problem

I have a plug with a red - yellow/black wires that's supposed to be for a vacuum sensor, where is this located? I'm having trouble finding it
By suspendedHatch
#348378 What do you mean "vacuum sensor"? MAP sensor?

That sounds like the plug for the Intake Air Temp sensor to me.
By iThorr
suspendedHatch wrote:What do you mean "vacuum sensor"? MAP sensor?

That sounds like the plug for the Intake Air Temp sensor to me.

That's all it says is vacuum sensor. I have the map sensor plugged in already
By iThorr
juls1488 wrote:aren't those the wire colors for the evap purge solenoid?
this sensor:

yes! A friend stopped by today and I looked at his engine and his intake had that on there, mine does not. So what should I do with that plug? Just remove it or what?
By juls1488
#348462 Since I removed my charcoal canister, and my jrsc manifold doesn't have a spot to mount that sensor I just let the plug hang unplugged from the sensor. It won't throw a code on an obd1 ecu. In a state where they are a bit more rigorous in their emissions testing you'll need to have it hooked up though. In NY cars my95 and older are exempt provided you aren't in NYC.
By iThorr
#348491 Okay, well I'm wire tucking so I'll probably hide/remove the plug, thanks for the info though! And I'm in florida and we don;t do emission testing, and I am also removing the charcoal canister
By egsedanguy
iThorr wrote:Okay, well I'm wire tucking so I'll probably hide/remove the plug, thanks for the info though! And I'm in florida and we don;t do emission testing, and I am also removing the charcoal canister

Wish I could pull my emissions stuff when I tuck. Gonna have to Hide it lol :lol: :lol: