D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By egsedanguy
#348243 When I rebuilt my engine i replaced all gaskets and seal. Last night i removed the vc and cleaned it and made sure it was not cracked or was seating wrong. And I check this morning after my drive to work and still leaking. can i use gasket maker to help seal it off untill i get a oem honda one? Or am i just gonna leak for 2 weeks lol. I just replaced oil and filter. Its the only thing that is wrong since rebuild. So I guess it could be worse.
By HeikDiesel
#348263 I would check the head for any type of imperfection or "ding" in that area. Otherwise look for splits and or cuts in the gasket. You can use a gasket maker but honestly unless you live in BFE far away from a Honda dealer, they should always have a gasket for this on the shelf
By egsedanguy
HeikDiesel wrote:I would check the head for any type of imperfection or "ding" in that area. Otherwise look for splits and or cuts in the gasket. You can use a gasket maker but honestly unless you live in BFE far away from a Honda dealer, they should always have a gasket for this on the shelf

I checked all of that. Its just not a good gasket. Its kinda hard rubber compared to the oem one. I just used a thin bead of make a gasket between the gasket and head. Then let it dry over night. Drove to work and no leak. I dont wanna replace it just yet cause im still breaking the engine in. I just changed to full synth. oil. I want to put 500 more miles on and then i will re-set all the valves, New valve cover gasket and repainting the v/c agin. Thanks for the help tho. :thumb:
By baconsauce
#348346 Chime back in and let us know how it goes to your engine after oil change, I just looked up on that because it happened to my D15 for a bit.
By egsedanguy
#348350 Im just going to change the gasket. If it still does it then I think my v/c might be twisted :? I know its nothing with the head. That was sent to a shop and they inspected the whole thing. was in grate shape...
By suspendedHatch
#348376 Is your PCV or breather box clogged? Did you remove the breather box and clean it out?
By egsedanguy
#348382 that stuff is all good. Its the gasket. It shrunk up and was causing a gap. after i added a bit of liquid gasket, it hasent had any issues. Its crappy aftermarket stuff. Im getting an oem kit. :woot: