D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By vince72310
#347983 I drive a 95 honda civic EG hatchback and as of now the engine is stock and I wanna buy some headers but do they make headers for D series engine? If so what are some brands or websites that sell them thanks! :thumb:
By teal_dx
#347985 Here's a couple from CorSport (a reputable company, also a vendor on this forum)

Megan Racing Stainless Steel Header
http://www.corsportusa.com/store/catalo ... s_id=11401

DC Sports One Piece Ceramic Header
http://www.corsportusa.com/store/catalo ... cts_id=131

Really any name brand header will treat you right. It's the no-name junk parts on ebay that will fail and cost you more in the long run.
By suspendedHatch
#348146 I had a hand-me-down two piece stainless steel DC header for the longest time. Across three Civics. It was the original design... almost sad that I sold it with my last hatch.

I don't think I'll ever bother putting bolt-ons on a d series again. So easy and rewarding just to get a B18B and perhaps a B16 or GSR trans.
By nicktastic
#348187 I've used the megan racing headers and full exhaust for almost 3 years now with literally no issues. Good stuff.
By SloCivic
suspendedHatch wrote:I had a hand-me-down two piece stainless steel DC header for the longest time. Across three Civics. It was the original design... almost sad that I sold it with my last hatch.

I don't think I'll ever bother putting bolt-ons on a d series again. So easy and rewarding just to get a B18B and perhaps a B16 or GSR trans.

^This.

Dude if I was you (not trying to kill your dreams here) but just save up for a b series swap. I promise the end result is going to be worth it. The amount of money need to put noticeable power into you d series that you are going to be happy with is...a lot... take it from me. I had 2 d series engines in my first coupe before I bought a b series. You will be super happy with a b18b or a b20 engine.

I bought my b20 for $535 out the door at a reputable shop in fl and the transmission was $300 picked up locally. Misc stuff brought it to about $1000. It's not that far out of reach man, and in the mean time just focus on maintenance.

I'm sure others will disagree but this is the route I would go if I was in your shoes.
By suspendedHatch
#348201 The B18B is a lovely motor. If you can pair it with a higher geared trans, you'll be much happier than you'll ever be with a modded D series. It has plenty of potential while with a D, you max out pretty quickly.

I think B20's are always a bad idea since they're illegal federally (classified as truck engine). Many people find themselves in a situation where they get caught and can't legally register their car.