D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By 95_relio
#347825 My 95 civic has a low idle problem where my needle is right at 0. Anyone out there had this problem and fix it?
[/u]
By baconsauce
#347835 as it runs on 0, are you sure that your tachometer actually working?
By baconsauce
#347836 and if it is working you can just adjust the slash bolt on throttle body so idles should goes up or down depends on how you screw it.
By 95_relio
#347839 [quote="Deffyjeffy"]and if it is working you can just adjust the slash bolt on throttle body so idles should goes up or down depends on how you screw it.[/quote]

Yeah my tach works I'm sure of that I'm just saying that it idles so low that it's down to that little line right before the 0 mark on the tach.
By baconsauce
95_relio wrote:
Deffyjeffy wrote:and if it is working you can just adjust the slash bolt on throttle body so idles should goes up or down depends on how you screw it.

Yeah my tach works I'm sure of that I'm just saying that it idles so low that it's down to that little line right before the 0 mark on the tach.

hmm. it happened to my car when it went to 0 while my car running fine. I gave it light smack on my dash and it went back to normal (800). I just thinks it is my cluster. let's see if someone else would chime in and helps you out, hopefully.
By williamc1991
#348401 Im having the exact same issue. I replaced my idle air control valve due to it leaking coolant. Now everything in finding is leading to what's called the fast idle air valve. The car will run fine but it idle extremely low. Mine idles at about 150rpms.
By suspendedHatch
#348431 The OEM tach isn't at all accurate. Mine will often be at zero but when I connect a diagnostic tach it will be at 650.

If you adjust the screw on the throttle body, make sure you follow the correct procedure or else you'll throw everything off.

Ignition timing has a big effect on idle so make sure it's correct when the idle is within spec.