D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By Andre3th0u
#347682 I'm looking to beef up the performance from my d15b non-vtec engine. It's just a daily driver right now. No plan to turbo or anything. Just wanna get some more power. Looking for things like intake manifold, headers, maybe a new cam, and other stuff to help it perform better. Could also upgrade head with a mini me swap to get vtec, just need to know what head I will nead. Any advice would be appreciated!
By teal_dx
#347684 The best power increase will come from a mini-me swap. For $250-$350 you'll be getting about 25 HP. Intake and exhaust will help too, but you might want to think about how much you'll be investing overall. A basic turbo setup might not be much more $ and you'll make more power.
By Andre3th0u
#347728 kind of on a tight budget with stuff being in school but i could save up and do about 500-600 right now but for the future i wanna k swap. hopefully getting a k20 in an 03 accord for free, but we will see how that plays out. ive been reading into the mini me swap and doesnt seem too difficult just having to find the parts.