D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By Loaf31
#347294 I was looking into some mods for HP for my car. I heard that you can drop an A6 camshaft in and it'll just be plug and play and give a few extra horses?
Also an over-bored throttle body?
If anyone else has any other suggestions, they'd be much appreciated!

PS Not going turbo or doing an engine swap or mini-me cause I just had the head redone.
By suspendedHatch
#347313 A larger throttle body without some pretty serious supporting mods will only make you slower.
The A6 and B7 are almost the same engine. If you're going through the effort to swap the cam, you should go aftermarket. Your only other choices are intake, header, exhaust. I doubt you'll want to tear the head off again and do some high comp pistons.
With those limitations, you're doomed to be slow. You've essentially ruled everything out.
Would you consider nitrous? That is the only thing that makes sense under the conditions you're imposing.
By Loaf31
#347320 Nah nitrous isnt really my thing. If anything, I'd go turbo. but I'd like to keep it NA.
By teal_dx
#347330 Sorry, there's not much that can be done for a d15b7. You may Also consider swapping in a transmission from a d16z6, as they had shorter gears and will help acceleration. :thumb:
By Loaf31
#347353 Ah, well if I ever need a new head, I'll swap a Z6 on there! Thanks guys :thumb:
By Axix23
#347384 Z6 intake manifold?

Get a good header. I got a DC sports one. Also, reflash the ecu. Go to pherable.net.
Get a custom exhaust made. Maybe a 2.5" to open it up with your bolt one.
Diff tranny will help with gear rations to help with acceleration.

Maybe you can find yourself a rare jsrc.
By Loaf31
#347504 Ill keep my eyes open! thanks :thumb:
By Virux
#347538 Here you go. http://www.d-series.org/forums/engine-b ... -post.html

I'll be doing the Beast7 in a couple months if things go well.

Transzex/MistaBone founded this setup in '99. Nasty_Canasta took it and tuned it. Jomama/Chueyi also has a Beast7 but he messed up his timing at first and had a bad clutch. I wish things went better for him since he's the only one with a quarter mile video; he still ran 16.1 @ 85. These guys are all running IHE as well, but I don't really have faith in those mods and you already have the most important of the three for a mild NA setup.

An Ex/Si transmission won't add power, but it will make the biggest impact in acceleration. Ex = 1-4 shorter(5th same as DX), Si = 1-5 shorter.
By Loaf31
#347549 I'll look into a tranny swap then! :thumb: