D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By Leppy
#346602 Image

It'll resist if it's old, but squeeze till it clicks apart and just pull.
By Ajax1989
#346609 1st have to unhook from bracket I believe
By Leppy
Ajax1989 wrote:1st have to unhook from bracket I believe

Not always necessary, but it helps. I usually try to leave them on the brackets so I know where they went
By HeikDiesel
Leppy wrote:

Not always necessary, but it helps. I usually try to leave them on the brackets so I know where they went

Are you sure? All the ones I've done you have to take off the bracket to disconnect them
By Civic Savior
#346675 finally got it disconnected...and yes I did have to remove the bracket. That is what the second clip is for. Makes it much easier to get a good grip on the first clip. Thanks for the help guys!
By deschlong

This. Basically, always. Especially connectors that look like OP's.
By Leppy
HeikDiesel wrote:
Leppy wrote:

Are you sure? All the ones I've done you have to take off the bracket to disconnect them

Might be because half of the ones I deal with on my two cars are halfway broke lol. Joys of old car ownership.

usually a pair of needlenose pliers and some elbowgrease get's them disconnected if they are stubborn. I do agree that taking them off the bracket makes it easier.
By Ajax1989
#346688 yeah some of the clips wont clip in or unclip unless the bracket is unclipped
By HeikDiesel
#346749 I always lightly tap connectors with a screwdriver to loosen up the dirt and crap inside of them. They usually come apart easier. Kinda like the knife to the edge of a jar that is hard to open.