D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By kdta91
#346253 Hi everybody. Im new to the forum so forgive me if i'm posting at the wrong one or this is a duplicate.

Anyway I have a 94 Honda EG Hatch D15B engine with dual carburetor.

My spark plug tips are very black even if i clean it a day before and the idle is very rough and smokes blue when idling and smells gas also and of course bad MPG (10 KML).

With that, should I change the head gasket and seals?

Thanks!
By tom023
#346261 Sounds like it's burning oil. So oil is getting into the combustion chamber some way. Valves seats, maybe piston rings?
I'd appreciate if someone could confirm this, I'm the son of a mechanic. Not the mechanic himself.
By kdta91
#346267 Thanks for the reply. I hope the piston rings are not in fault. It only smokes blue when starting it for the first time of the day (cold start) and sometimes after getting off the car I can smell gas or oil (I'm not sure).
By m578elb
#346268 Hi, i got same engine, the oil in the spark plug tip are from the grommets from the rocker cover but are some small rubber ring further down . The blue smoke on cold start , just change the oil with a higher grade, is running rich as well from the carbs and they are a pain in the ass to adjust them . Hope i helpt a bit.
By kdta91
#346271 @m578elb: wow. thanks for your help man. will get my car checked this week for the oil leak and will also change the oil.

yah, these carbs are pain in the ass. been running for a while with a very bad mpg.
By kdta91
#346919 Hi guys. It was not oil on spark plug tip but carbon deposit since it's dry. Rough idle was caused by very low air adjustment. When I adjusted the air the gas pedal was sticking so I was having a hard time adjusting it (idle up and down).

Also the spark plug cable is faulty and the dizzy cap is broken.