D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By Iamthebajujuboy
#345680 Hi Guys!

Need your help in ID'ing this part. I just got my first car a couple of weeks ago and I am still on the process of scrubbing down the car and engine from its dusty and rusty state. There is a cylinder connected to a wire on the exhaust manifold that I honestly don't know what it is and what it does (insert facepalm here) I am having a hard time removing this and I am on the brink of getting a blasting cap to blow the thing to d15b heaven. My knowledge on Honda engines is next to nothing so please bear with mt as some of my future post would be borderline idotic.
I find this site informative and useful as this is my main reference in my baby's transformation.

More power and keep those posts coming!

Here is a reference pic I found
:woot:Image[/img] :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:
Last edited by Iamthebajujuboy on Fri May 16, 2014 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
By ihavesol93
#345682 DONT BLAST IT AWAY.

THAT IS YOUR o2 SENSOR.

Why are you removing it anyways? They can be a major bitch to remove.
By Iamthebajujuboy
#345685 I am planning to remove the manifold and give it a spa treatment with WD40 as there is so much gunk on the manifold. any tips on removal?
By ihavesol93
#345686 most auto part places will carry a deep well socket with a line cut through it all way so you can fit the wiring though. then you use it as a socket and wrench it off.

other than that, i had to use a torch and a 21 mm wrench with wd40.
By Iamthebajujuboy
#345688 Thanks!

better get that blasting cap ready! lol
By Iamthebajujuboy
#345689 If i purchase an aftermarket 421 header, where does the o2 sensor go? I don't see any holes int the pictures to put it in.
By m578elb
#345697 The o2 sensor is gonna go on the cylinder number one of that 4.2.1 manifold you wanna purchase, in worse case is after the 4.2 joint. Remove the manifold bolts and the joint between the down pipe and cat, it has one bracket attached on the gearbox side, disconnect the plug for the o2 sensor and remove the manifold complete. Grab the old manifold and go to someone to remove it for you, it's much easier.