D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By cosmic339
#344527 Hey guys i have a d16y7 in my eg right now, from what i can tell i have a obd1 harness with a obd2 engine. I was stupid and didnt take a picture or tagged the connectors before removing them. I put everything together after re looming the main engine harness. What im wondering is are there some connectors im not suppose to plug in? when i plug the two pin connector by the drivers side firewall it starts cranking my car and turning it on as soon as it connects. once the engine turns over the starter wont stop cranking , so i have to disconnect it. Any ideas? :? would any pictures help i will be back on in a couple of hours
By cosmic339
#344704 didnt get a chance to get on,when i said re-loomed i meant i rewrapped all my wires with new platic loom and black tape. But here is what i found. These two solder wires were touching causing them to continuly start the car even after it was on i cut them and used but connectors and a t tap and my car works normally. So anyways i get to continue installing my high output alternator once i get the obd1 4 pin pigtail tommorow , will post a new thread and thanks for helping. [img]didnt get a chance to get on,when i said re-loomed i meant i rewrapped all my wires with new platic loom and black tape. But here is what i found. These two solder wires were touching causing them to continuly start the car even after it was on i cut them and used but connectors and a t tap and my car works normally. So anyways i get to continue installing my high output alternator once i get the obd1 4 pin pigtail tommorow , will post a new thread and thanks for helping.