D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By egsedanguy
#341769 Ok im kinda in a mix. I have a d16b7 in my car right now, and the old d15. I want to rebuild the d16. if you had both engines what would you do???? :?
By teal_dx
egsedanguy wrote:Ok im kinda in a mix. I have a d16b7 in my car right now, and the old d15. I want to rebuild the d16. if you had both engines what would you do???? :?

Did you mean d16y7 right now? And by d15, do you bean d15b7/8 or JDM D15B?
By egsedanguy
teal_dx wrote:
egsedanguy wrote:Ok im kinda in a mix. I have a d16b7 in my car right now, and the old d15. I want to rebuild the d16. if you had both engines what would you do???? :?

Did you mean d16y7 right now? And by d15, do you bean d15b7/8 or JDM D15B?

YA Y7. sorry i was typing to fast lol. ya its out of a 92 civic ex. and the d15b7 from 92 civic dx.
By teal_dx
#341781 So you're thinking of swapping the d15b7 back in while you rebuild the D16y7?
While you have the head off would be a good time to upgrade to a y8 head/manifold if you're looking for a little more power while keeping it reliable & cheap.
By egsedanguy
teal_dx wrote:So you're thinking of swapping the d15b7 back in while you rebuild the D16y7?
While you have the head off would be a good time to upgrade to a y8 head/manifold if you're looking for a little more power while keeping it reliable & cheap.

no. it burns oil really bad. just not sure if the d15 bottom was worth anything. well i guess ill just sell it and put money towards rebuilding the d16. ill try and find a head. :thumb:
By Ajax1989
#341812 stroker!
By d-mon
egsedanguy wrote:yea but living in cali i wont be able to daily it without having smog and reg problems. Dont feel like doing 300$ smogs. :thumb:

what does 'stroking' have to do with smog? :?
d16s are generally better than d15s (depending on the situation)

$300 smog, or spending $1500 to pass 'legally'... how good is your math?
By egsedanguy
d-mon wrote:
egsedanguy wrote:yea but living in cali i wont be able to daily it without having smog and reg problems. Dont feel like doing 300$ smogs. :thumb:

what does 'stroking' have to do with smog? :?
d16s are generally better than d15s (depending on the situation)

$300 smog, or spending $1500 to pass 'legally'... how good is your math?

so spend 1500 bucks to make sure my car passes smog. or spend 300$ every 2 years and run the risk of getting stopped by police and having my car impounded? or have to take it to BAR. and then having to put it back to stock to be able to pass inspection. hum guess my math is bad. sorry i like to do it the right way. but i guess sculding me about it make it better. :thumbdown: this place is nothing like it use to be.