D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By GreenMonster_eg8
#341731 For some reason my the reservoir tank keep filling up with water and it's boiling.

and the temperature gauge is reading that its overheating while im driving and normal when im at a complete stop.

i dont know what the problem is. it started off with one of my hoses bursting.

i changed the thermostat, water pump, checked the radiator, fan works fine.

i have new head gaskets. about 3 months old. i changed the intake manifold gasket.

im out of ideas. if anybody has any solutions that could help. it would be appreciated .................................................

my setup is completely stock. d15b7 block, d16y7 head,i used the stock b7 intake manifold, and stock headers.
By jefferydclark
#341753 sounds like you have a bad head gasket. the age of the gasket really doesn't matter. what matters is what condition the head/block was in when you installed it and if you installed it right as well as when those hoses busted, you could have over heated and blew the gasket then. i'd replace it with a good felpro or Honda head gasket and go from there. it wouldn't hurt to have the head surfaced while its apart. its fairly cheap to have done.
By GreenMonster_eg8
jefferydclark wrote:sounds like you have a bad head gasket. the age of the gasket really doesn't matter. what matters is what condition the head/block was in when you installed it and if you installed it right as well as when those hoses busted, you could have over heated and blew the gasket then. i'd replace it with a good felpro or Honda head gasket and go from there. it wouldn't hurt to have the head surfaced while its apart. its fairly cheap to have done.

That sounds about right bro; thanks. The head was shaved when i put it on. Thinking about it now. The dude who torqued on the used the wrong head studs. And we had to take them out and use the b7 head studs;
Im gunna take the head off and check the gasket.
By GreenMonster_eg8
teal_dx wrote:I'd do a compression test on all 4 cyls. :thumb:

Im not a pro and not really sure how to do one bro. Lol
By GreenMonster_eg8
#341765 Thanks guys. Ima keep ya posted when i do this.
Hopefully today.
By teal_dx
GreenMonster_eg8 wrote:

The tool is only $30 and it takes 10 mins. Here's how to do it:
http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=2703
By GreenMonster_eg8
teal_dx wrote:
GreenMonster_eg8 wrote:

The tool is only $30 and it takes 10 mins. Here's how to do it:
http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=2703

Thanks alot bro; i really appreciate it.
By GreenMonster_eg8
brandoff88 wrote:did you reuse the head studs, or get new ones?

I reused the ones that were on the block.

I found out later on i wasnt supposed to reuse them cuz they stretch out. -_-[/list]