D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By EgJoe128
#341275 So I have a 94 coupe D16z6 and I just recently upgraded to a 70mm skunk 2 throttle body and a skunk 2 intake manifold and I'm having major idle and bogging problems these are the only motor upgrades so far from what I've herd I need to upgrade the fuel system to make up for the added air if this is true I kno new fuel rail and bigger injectors are needed but I'm not sure what size Any ideas. Thanks!
By JUICE
#341278 Can't just throw on bigger injectors. it needs to be tuned to run right and really, that intake mani and TB will probably slow you down till you upgrade the cam, up the fuel and have it dyno tuned.
By blk92hb
#341898 Did you replace the intake gasket or any gasket the comes in contact with the manifold. Also is your map and tps plug correct or mixed up?
By d-mon
EgJoe128 wrote:So I have a 94 coupe D16z6 and I just recently upgraded to a 70mm skunk 2 throttle body and a skunk 2 intake manifold and I'm having major idle and bogging problems these are the only motor upgrades so far from what I've herd I need to upgrade the fuel system to make up for the added air if this is true I kno new fuel rail and bigger injectors are needed but I'm not sure what size Any ideas. Thanks!

lol, 70mm is too big for d-series unless turbo, and even then....

junk2 manilolds don't accommodate iacv, so idle sucks (but you don't care because race car!!!111!!!)

stock fuel rail and injectors can handle any NA requirements for honda engines whether they are D, B, F, H, K, X ,Y , Z.
By jefferydclark
#342140 dont accommodate iacv? mine has the place for the idle air control valve. the throttle body has to be adjusted and the TPS has to be installed and properly adjusted, you cant simply bolt that crap on and hope it works. you obviously wont have a fast idle thermovalve any more but people bypass those all the time.