D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By 95_eg_zcvtec
#340595 alright guys so i have a sohc zc vtec in my 95 coupe i bpught it off a buddy of mine whos says he dont anything about it but its the he way bought it it wasnt a swap pr anything so i was juss wondering if anyone knows anything abput it and if its a decent motor it pulls really hard and strong :thumb: [/u]
By suspendedHatch
#340611 What country are you in? There was no ZC in the US so it would have to be a swap. Does the block say ZC? If not it's a D16Z6. Same thing but with the US smog equipment and a slightly different cam profile.
By 95_eg_zcvtec
suspendedHatch wrote:What country are you in? There was no ZC in the US so it would have to be a swap. Does the block say ZC? If not it's a D16Z6. Same thing but with the US smog equipment and a slightly different cam profile.

it has zc on thd block he said he had bought it the way it sits off ebay zc with vtef head already on it so idk if its a mini swap or ?
By suspendedHatch
#340670 Everyone is familiar with the DOHC ZC but the internet will never catch up to the fact of the existence of the SOHC ZC VTEC which is just a JDM D16Z6. I can't remember at the moment but I believe there was a D16Y8 equivalent as well.