D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By Copepsy
#339573 Ok so i need tips and guides for take off the whole installations from other car I think d15b7 engine, Point is i found whole installations for cheap money and guy that's selling wont take them off.. so i need to... and i dont know to do that.. Any picture video or something will help me. I need to take of Ecu + wires all sensors, whole intake manifold And tank with wires and pump! ? :) plz guys!
By teal_dx
#339588 There is a fuel pump how to in the DIY list. There is a bolt on the bottom left of the gas tank to drain the fuel to make removal easier, also in the diy list. The ecu is simple, behind the carpet in the passenger foot area. The sensors are also easy- just loosen them with a wrench. The intake manifold is bolted to the back of the head and there are 7 or 9 bolts. The lower center bolt is tough to get to but there is a little gap between the #2 and 3 runners to see it. Then there is a metal bracket connecting the manifold to the block. The wiring harness inside the cabin is going to be difficult. It's easier with the dash out and wires extend all the way from the firewall to the tail lights. If it is just the engine Wiring harness you need, that is much easier. Just unplug them from the shock tower plugs and unplug from the engine.
By Copepsy
teal_dx wrote:There is a fuel pump how to in the DIY list. There is a bolt on the bottom left of the gas tank to drain the fuel to make removal easier, also in the diy list. The ecu is simple, behind the carpet in the passenger foot area. The sensors are also easy- just loosen them with a wrench. The intake manifold is bolted to the back of the head and there are 7 or 9 bolts. The lower center bolt is tough to get to but there is a little gap between the #2 and 3 runners to see it. Then there is a metal bracket connecting the manifold to the block. The wiring harness inside the cabin is going to be difficult. It's easier with the dash out and wires extend all the way from the firewall to the tail lights. If it is just the engine Wiring harness you need, that is much easier. Just unplug them from the shock tower plugs and unplug from the engine.

Hi teal ! thanks for answer this help me to understend a bit of the big job for me:)! first of all sorry for my bad english!. And i need installations for me to put them on my d13b2 so i think i dont need whole wires just engine ones? or im wrong. And i will look in the " How to " list for the pump etc..
By teal_dx
#339631 I'm not that familiar with the d13 motors as we never had them here. It is carb so if you get the engine harness, I'm sure there is still going to need to be some additional wiring ran from the ecu to the shock tower plugs for the four injectors and any other sensors that carb doesnt have. You will also need to run wires for the fuel pump, main relay and others I'm sure. So you can add the wires you need if you're good at wiring or replacing the entire cabin harness might be easier for you. Either one will be difficult in its own way.
By Copepsy
teal_dx wrote:I'm not that familiar with the d13 motors as we never had them here. It is carb so if you get the engine harness, I'm sure there is still going to need to be some additional wiring ran from the ecu to the shock tower plugs for the four injectors and any other sensors that carb doesnt have. You will also need to run wires for the fuel pump, main relay and others I'm sure. So you can add the wires you need if you're good at wiring or replacing the entire cabin harness might be easier for you. Either one will be difficult in its own way.

Then i will take out the whole wires from other car. Btw 1 queston coz i need to change Tank. Dose tank from civic i will post photos of car fit on my civic... Are all tanks same or ? Here are photos http://images2.polovniautomobili.com/us ... 00x600.jpg http://images2.polovniautomobili.com/us ... 00x600.jpg here is the engine http://images2.polovniautomobili.com/us ... 00x600.jpg ( dunno wich one is it i think d15b7) http://images2.polovniautomobili.com/us ... 00x600.jpg