D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By 92dxeg
#338734 so any way a buddy of mine just got a eg hatch with a d16z6 in it and it nice and pulls well. Now he has 2 cels 7,22 no ik thhey are tps and vtec pressure sensor i now is there any way to test the tps to see if its bad why would it be on ? could it be on improper installation is there any way to check it out ??
By Gimme Wafflez
#339035 I was throwing a CEL #22 when i bought my coupe. It was the vtec pressure switch. i took my vtec solenoid apart and the previous owner has used so much rtv sealant that it seeped into the chamber where the pin would usually flow. it was basically stuck in a shut position. I would only get a light once i hit around 4,800 rpms and when Vtec should have engaged. soon as I cleaned that out and put it back together the light went away and vtec was engaging once again. hope thats not too confusing and helps with half your question.
By egsedanguy
#339462 I know it prolly aint this but it is possible if it did not come with that engine they may have used a auto ecu. You need a code reader. Or find a walk threw on how to figure it out. Thats the only way your gonna know. It could be anything.
By suspendedHatch
#339466 A cel #7 could be anything? It's TPS.
You connect a multimeter to the TPS + usually a red wire with a stripe, set to 20v DC. Put the ignition on. With the throttle closed, it should read .5v or more. Open the throttle all the way and it should be less than 4.5v. If it's more than .5v out of range you have to replace it. Easiest way is to replace the throttle body with one from the junkyard since they're pretty common to each other. The other option is to get a new TPS like the Blox.

If it reads okay at the sensor you have to check the wiring all the way to the ECU.
By egsedanguy
suspendedHatch wrote:A cel #7 could be anything? It's TPS.
You connect a multimeter to the TPS + usually a red wire with a stripe, set to 20v DC. Put the ignition on. With the throttle closed, it should read .5v or more. Open the throttle all the way and it should be less than 4.5v. If it's more than .5v out of range you have to replace it. Easiest way is to replace the throttle body with one from the junkyard since they're pretty common to each other. The other option is to get a new TPS like the Blox.

If it reads okay at the sensor you have to check the wiring all the way to the ECU.

no not anything. i was reading to fast and didnt see that he put cell codes on there. :D