D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By Pablo
#338100 Hi guys,

I´ve been surfing a lot in this forum, and learnet a lot! but couldn´t find any threat that could help me with my question.

The thing is that the next week im gonna buy a EG8 witch has D15B 3 stage! YAY! but also has an auto tranny not CVT. The engine and tranny respond very well, i have to say that the tranny felt great, the only thing was that the motor has low idle, but never stalled and respond very well.

I forgot to verify if the engine was the right ECU, but my question is, can this tranny work right? I now its like fuck logic because it ran well but i´ll like to hear your opinions.

By the way, don´t remeber but i almost sure that the tranny is a M24A.

Any coment will be apreciated!
[/img]
By suspendedHatch
#338126 The correct ECU for this engine will be looking for the CVT so it's not going to work well with any other auto trans. With the 92-95 auto I think you will only have 1-3 gears or possibly just 3 and 4. Not sure if there's any way to wire up the TCM with that ECU but I doubt it.
It's been a long long time since I bothered with anything auto. There is no information to speak of in terms of hybridizing. The auto gears are too long, the mounts are different and they are heavy. Very few mechanics can be trusted to service or rebuild a Honda auto. Typically a repaired Honda automatic lasts less than a year because it just isn't done right.
Get a 5 speed from a D16Y8 or D16Z6. If you don't drive stick, now is the time to learn. The difference in performance is more than you can get from any N/A bolt on.
By Pablo
suspendedHatch wrote:The correct ECU for this engine will be looking for the CVT so it's not going to work well with any other auto trans. With the 92-95 auto I think you will only have 1-3 gears or possibly just 3 and 4. Not sure if there's any way to wire up the TCM with that ECU but I doubt it.
It's been a long long time since I bothered with anything auto. There is no information to speak of in terms of hybridizing. The auto gears are too long, the mounts are different and they are heavy. Very few mechanics can be trusted to service or rebuild a Honda auto. Typically a repaired Honda automatic lasts less than a year because it just isn't done right.
Get a 5 speed from a D16Y8 or D16Z6. If you don't drive stick, now is the time to learn. The difference in performance is more than you can get from any N/A bolt on.

Thanks for your reply. :)

I do drive stick, I had a 1987 Civic Sedan with D13B + 5 speed cable tranny. :roll: Loved that car. it´s really hard to find a civic with manual tranny, so, dont care if its auto.

Im going to buy it for DD and i dont care if its auto, I just loved the engine but im really confused. Today i took some pictures and im more confused:

Here´s the engine bay:

This is the tranny code:

This is what I dont understand, how can the tranny work with the shift solenids disconected:

For now, its just for DD, dont want to be working on it(I wil!!:lol:) but not for now.

Any idea?

btw Thanks for your help!