D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By pkaewthong34
#336965 im trying to decode right now

here is

1 long then pause for a sec then 1 long and 4 blink

it is IAT sensor and idle valve control ?

when i was driving today for the first time in a week it slows for lil bit under 2000 rpm once it passes 3k rpm works fine .. idle is pretty normal as i can see or hear it but let me pull it out to clean it see whats up with it
By pkaewthong34
teal_dx wrote:http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=1558

Sounds like o2 sensor and IACV :thumb:

i though the long flash stand for 10 ? LOL i was guessing that o2 sensor too but i recheck the flashing its like this ..first one is 1 long then pause for a sec then one long and 4 blink (IACV for sure since its old lol ) i wasnt sure between IAT sensor or o2 sensor
By pkaewthong34
#336979 ok now this is pretty weird and stupid when i plug IACV back on its irratatting rev like crazy up and down but once i unplug it it act normal ... hmmm . is it normal for for y8/b7 swap or just another faulty error itself ?
By teal_dx
#336985 Tell me more about your setup... What year y8 head and intake manifold? From an auto or manual y8? Is your car manual or auto? And which throttle
Body are you using? Which iacv and Iat sensor did you use? Did it ever run ok or has it always been doing this since the swap?
By pkaewthong34
#336986 Y8 throttle body , y8 head , y8 intake manifold ( aftermarket)
and my car is m/t 5 speed all part from 96 ex but I'll recheck on my list again when I get home . Which one is
Last edited by pkaewthong34 on Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By pkaewthong34
#336987 Iat sensor and iacv wire tho that confused me . For some reason iat wire s correct on the chart but iacv is red ( or orange )and black/yellow. I just fix the wire on iat last night let it run without iacv plug and runs fine and throttle respone is pretty good and no the car has been running smooth without the iacv plug before and after swap and timing belt it's just had happen yesterday when I drove around . I'll recheck the wire again
By teal_dx
#336989 Iat is a white sensor on obd 1 motors, pretty sure it is black on obd2. In obd1 motors, it is on the bottom of one of the runners of the intake manifold (#2 or #3 runner). On obd2 motors, it is located on the intake tube, before the throttle body.
Iacv is located on the back of the intake Mani, facing the firewall, right next to the throttle body.
So you have never had the iacv connected before or after the swap, until now?
By pkaewthong34
#336994 Nope never plug it Until last night when I plug it then bam revving up and down . There is 2 plug that unplug tho . I'm not sure that was the plug for oil jet since it's old harness from 95 dx
Last edited by pkaewthong34 on Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
By pkaewthong34
#336995 I'll take a picture tonight right after I get off work and one more question , the transmission cover shield , can I use from 95 del sol singe it has same block?
By teal_dx
There is 2 plug that unplug tho . I'm not sure that was the plug for oil jet since it's old harness from 95 dx

Oil jet doesn't have any kind of plug. It's just a tiny nozzle inside the block.

the transmission cover shield , can I use from 95 del sol singe it has same block?

Do you mean the inspection plate on the bottom? Yes it should fit the same. :thumb:
By pkaewthong34
teal_dx wrote:
There is 2 plug that unplug tho . I'm not sure that was the plug for oil jet since it's old harness from 95 dx

Oil jet doesn't have any kind of plug. It's just a tiny nozzle inside the block.

i meant oil pressure something like that
By pkaewthong34
#337028 ok ill try get the pic tomorrow if its not raining .. its been raining past 2 days so i couldnt get the pic
By suspendedHatch
#337042 The oil pressure switch is one wire.

If you have a mismatched 5th gen trans and 6th gen engine, no clutch cover plate will work AFAIK.

The car will run okay w/out an IACV = Idle air control valve, but it will stall frequently and always have a CEL. Does your intake manifold lack ports for one? That would be for racing only and not very streetable.