D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By baconsauce
#335579 When it thrown the cel codes, states coolant temperature sensor. I got the sensors for free from my friend and replaced the coolant temperator sensor. Reset my ecu. It stills have check engine lights on.

I thought; part might be fault, bad wire, or? :?

Thanks
J
By baconsauce
#335592 Yes the sensor I replaced both on the side of head right under dizzy.
I am not sure if it is used or new so I will say it is used sensors since I got it from my friend.
Pretty much, it worked as I turned engine on as temp gauge was at cold and I drove it around for a bit then arrow gotten up to middle between cold and hot.
By baconsauce
#335634 Anyone? /:
Need to get rid of cel on my cluster.
It is my 1993 lx, eg8 with d15b7 if thats help
By baconsauce
#335678 Have not done that one
attempting it right now
By baconsauce
#335694 Nothing happen. Stills there, did twice

Forgot to mention this
Whenever I park my car and let it cool completely (5 or more hr). I turned engine on and it seemed so tough to stays on idle and shutted off. I give another tries and it runs fine when I give it the little gas to keep idle and warm.
By baconsauce
#335714 I am 100% sure I read the code correctly.
Same 6 quick flashes rhythm after and after.
This time I will be completely ensure to replace the new coolant temp sensor.
By Punksz6
#335759 i have read in a couple other forums that if the coolant sensor is bad or going bad, the car will run super rich. is this one of your problems?
By TrailerTrash
Punksz6 wrote:i have read in a couple other forums that if the coolant sensor is bad or going bad, the car will run super rich. is this one of your problems?

it can have problems starting hot/warm. happend to me

pretty much the coolant tempature sensor reads as the engine being cold so it pumps all the fuel it would if the engine was running high as it does when its cold. causes starting problems and running problems and poop it sucks cause it can go bad but not throw the code.

there are 2 coolant tempature sensors. one is the sending unit for the cluster and the other is for the ECU
By baconsauce
#336206 -----
Punksz6
From what you mentioned about runs super rich when my temp sensor goes bad. I am not sure what my car will do but maybe because it idles at 1100-1200 after start up. Is that what you mean?
-----
Trailertrash
True. Make sense.
-----
I will replace those sensors by tomorrow noon to evening. I will keep us updates.
By TrailerTrash
#336209 mine wouldnt want to start warm at all. if it was warm and i stalled it i would have to crank it for like 30 seconds with my foot on the gas and it would sputter to life but idle very high run very rich and if you rapped the gas it would sputter and miss.
By baconsauce
#336220 Okay I just bought one sensor since local auto part only have it available

So I replaced it under distributor then reset ecu by pulled my fuse out for 15 minutes
Nothing work, still has CEL light on after running
Last thing I could think of is to disconnect battery and am waiting for 15 minutes right now.

:?