D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By motoxash
#334715 basicly i have a 1.5 non vtec in my eg8 sedan im stuck between to ideas either mini me swap or a over haul of my d16z6 and run that smokes bad :( i have a a complete z6 engine and a spare z6 head and manifold im stuck between mini me swap with cam and few mods or completly overhauling the z6 and running as is
By teal_dx
#334718 Mini me swap will be less work and less $$. If you need a new clutch though, that's an ideal time to swap the whole motor. The ecu and wiring you do for the mini-me can be used later on for the full z6 swap if you ever decide to.
By kylenjdm93
teal_dx wrote:Mini me swap will be less work and less $$. If you need a new clutch though, that's an ideal time to swap the whole motor. The ecu and wiring you do for the mini-me can be used later on for the full z6 swap if you ever decide to.

Teal is right. Craigslist is a good place to shop for the head, also, make sure to have your local reputable machine shop check it out first, fix any valve issues, replace seals and such. Plus a good old hot tank acid bath will clean out all the junk and burnt oil in the oil galleys :thumb: