D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By enanoeg92
#334188 I've cleaned the Ivac changed the two sensors on the throttle bled the radiator and its recently bobs when rpms hit 2000 wat else do I do I think next step is to check for vacuum leaks plz some one help
By JohnRM
#334189 How about the fitv? The fitv is bolted onto the throttle body. It's mounted on 3 bolts.
By enanoeg92
#334190 I can't find that I have a d-16y8 and I can't find it any where
By JohnRM
#334192 I apologize, I thought you were referring to an obd1 d series civic, since this is the forum for it. The d16y8 is an obd2 d series and does NOT have the fitv. Try checking to see if you have a vacuum leak around your intake manifold. Also, if that doesn't work, maybe reset the ecu by taking the fuse out then turn the car on and rev the car to 2500 rpms for a good 5 minutes, or until its warmed up
By enanoeg92
#334199 No the check engine light does not turn on but my battery light dose one I go more then 5500 rpms my lights turn on to high beams and lost of power
By enanoeg92
#334200 And what's the actual procedure for the reset????
By suspendedHatch
#334317 To reset the ECU you just take out the 2.5A backup fuse under the hood, then tap the brake or headlights to kill the surface charge. I have no idea where he gets that crazy procedure.

That will do nothing for you however.

Take off the distributor cap and look at the rotor. Twice now I have come across cars where the little screw works its way out and rattles around inside there. I put locktite on the screw and then use an impact screwdriver when I need to get it loose again.
By JohnRM
#334321 Sorry, I wasn't clear. Suspended hatch has it right with the procedure. The revving to 2500 rpms was when you finished the reset procedure.