D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By broken
#332651 Well ths is the second time that I have seen a harmonic balancer break the end of the crankshaft :cry: I will post some picks when I can get the balancer completely off. Hopefully I will get it off today. Anyone have a crankshaft for a D15 laying around anywhere....lol If not I think I am gonna give in and sell my baby. I just dont want to be dealing with this crap anymore.
By TrailerTrash
#332673 pretty sure there is no harmonic balancer. crankshaft pulley?
By TrailerTrash
#332708 arent the engines(d series at least)internally balanced eliminating the need for an external balancer? i have 2 extra d series crank pulleys laying around aswell as one on both my cars and they sure look like plain old pulleys and nothing like the harmonic balancer on my truck.

not trying to argue
By HeikDiesel
#332712 Some run a rubber bonded ring and some are either fluid or material filled. I think most OEM Honda ones are material filled except for like the CTR pulley
By broken
#332720 I am very sure you guys are all right. I only called it a balancer cause that is what I am used to calling it. I do believe it is only a crank pully. Sry for the misunderstanding. :). Either way it is toast....lol