D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By JG_motorsports28
#331336 I'm looking at picking up a d16z6 for my 92 hatch. This is my first honda so I was just wondering what I should pay.

D16z6 complete swap from a 1994 ex so it comes with the si tranny or the equivalent. P28 ecu. Axels. Shift linkage. Mounts. Harness. 127k miles

The asking price is $750. Any thoughts?
By Ajax1989
#331337 good deal.. id jump on it

just make sure it runs

and if you need help swaping, I don't charge much
By JohnRM
JG_motorsports28 wrote:Do you think it would need some work? Pistons, rings ?

You won't be able to tell until you look it at yourself. If you're not certain, I'd do it since it's already out.
By teal_dx
#331361 Even with paying for the extra stuff you won't need for the swap (Axels. Shift linkage. Mounts.) it's still a good deal. Good z6 motors go for around $450, grind free ex/si trannys $200 and P28's go for $100. An uncut z6 harness is worth $75 (The only difference between z6 harness and D15b7/8 is the wiring for vtec solenoid and vtec oil pressure sensor) :wink:

CHeck the oil in the motor for metallic particles or fine flakes, milkshake, and to make sure it isn't sludge.

You could do a compression test to see if the motor is good, even a compression test on a cold motor is better than no compression test at all. Just crank it by hand with a wrench on the crank pulley.
By TrailerTrash
#331365 you could also pull the cam cover and take a look.

but as said above that is a pretty good deal :thumb:
By JG_motorsports28
#331368 Sounds good!! Thanks for all the help I will be picking this up next week hopefully. I will for sure do a compression check