D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By 93WhiteCX
#330229 Just want to hear you all's thoughts on this since I am new to civics. I have a d15b8 that for the first month or so that I have had it would start almost before I could turn the key to start. Well starting yesterday, when I start the car when the engine is cold it turns over for 4 or 5 seconds before it starts? Is this something to worry about? An indication of something beginning to fail?
By TrailerTrash
#330247 I had a very similair problem after a recent tranny swap. i thought it was just because it had gotten cold out. it went from like 50s during the day to like 20s during the day for a week or so and i figured that was the problem but when it got warmer it didn't start any better and it got to the point where it would barley start at all. like the battery was almost dead but jump starting/new battery didnt make a difference at all.

turns out the ground that goes from the engine bay to the alternator bracket was corroded to the point where all i did was jiggle it and it broke apart. replaced it and havent had a problem since :thumb:
By rustyrex
#330264 I had the exact same problem. Like what was said before my alt bracket ground was messed up.
By 93WhiteCX
#330368 So I went out to start it again to get another example of how long the delay is. It was about 4 or 5 seconds. Then I drove it to the gas station and filled up. Now it starts fine. Don't know if I had a little bad gas, or whatever it was cleared up. Anyway, thanks for your replies. Hopefully it wont come back.