D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By kaikohe
#329228 so i got my d15 put in and then the guy that installed it for me said it had loose rocker heads....so loose that they were about to come off...is this normal in engines these days given that we are beginning to catch up with older engines as opposed to ones that perhaps had less miles on them a few years ago
By kaikohe
#329814 i meant rockers...which he tighten and then found out that the lower bearing were going out too
By MG6
#329816 so it is your cam shaft which is where your rocker is locate.

No, it is not normal. Did he or something adjusted your valves. Or did you recently changed out the cam seal and someone so happen to loosen the bolts?
By kaikohe
#329829 no he just tightened the rockers...but he also said it looked like someone had pulled off the valve cover for some reason maybe to replace the cam seal and didnt tighten the rocker down afterwards.
By WHYsoBRUTAL
#330193 Just did my first head gasket job on my "new" car (my first honda) its got the d15 in it and before i put in my d16z6 engine for more umph and ex tranny to tighten up the gearing, i wanted to get some use out of the engine thats in there for a month or two. anyway, upon completing the job, i noticed some things. there was a small wire, yellow and red right above my oil filter, it is broken off at the end of whatever its attatched to... Any ideas would be most appreciated. Second thing, after removing the valve cover, I was checking out some stuff. I was playing around with (pardon my lack of knowledge in component names) the things that look like two wish bones on the right and left side of each spring?? Well two of them had a little play to them, so i wanted to know what those are, what they do, and how to stop them from moving. I truly appreciate any and all input directed towards helping understand and bettering my connection to my new love, my plum colored 93 dx!
By teal_dx
WHYsoBRUTAL wrote:Just did my first head gasket job on my "new" car (my first honda) its got the d15 in it and before i put in my d16z6 engine for more umph and ex tranny to tighten up the gearing, i wanted to get some use out of the engine thats in there for a month or two. anyway, upon completing the job, i noticed some things. there was a small wire, yellow and red right above my oil filter, it is broken off at the end of whatever its attatched to... Any ideas would be most appreciated. Second thing, after removing the valve cover, I was checking out some stuff. I was playing around with (pardon my lack of knowledge in component names) the things that look like two wish bones on the right and left side of each spring?? Well two of them had a little play to them, so i wanted to know what those are, what they do, and how to stop them from moving. I truly appreciate any and all input directed towards helping understand and bettering my connection to my new love, my plum colored 93 dx!

The wire sounds like it might be for the oil pressure sensor. Can you get a pic of the other part you're describing?
By WHYsoBRUTAL
#330259 Sorry but that's a negative on the pics for now, maybe like two days? but it's literally whatever you see when you take the valve cover off. The two on the left were able to move left to right. I know, i did a head gasket job and dont even know what the first thing im looking at is even called. But it started right up and runs great! About to look into the oil pressure sensor right now. Thanks for input Teal, also do I still need to send pics to you first for resizing before uploading to the site? I would be taking with an iPhone 3 and/or 4.
By WHYsoBRUTAL
#330261 Ok, I'm in need of a slight valve adjustment that's gotta be it, right? I can only assume using common sense.. Remove valve cover, I must now be looking at valves. lol
By WHYsoBRUTAL
#330315 thanks Teal, youre the best. :woot: