D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By alexwiththeeg3
#328690 So i have but one question, do all of the d-series engines use the same exhausts? what i mean by this is, are they all the same shape/follow the same path from the engine, under the car, and then out the back? Was just a little curious as intend to get an exhaust for my d13 and wasnt too sure whether one for any of the d-series engines would work with my engine
By JohnRM
#328696 They're not all the same. I think the coupe/hatch is different compared to the sedan by about 2 inches. Don't quote me on that. But if you are looking for an exhaust, make sure you get one for whatever body type your civic is.
By alexwiththeeg3
#328702 So as long as its for a d-series in a hatch, I should be ok?
By alexwiththeeg3
#328708 Also, say if I was to go for a full exhaust (decat) how would I get it set up ecu wise? Because obviously the check engine light would be on and also it wouldn't run as good as it could because the ecu would think 1 something's broke and 2 that it still has the stock exhaust on
By teal_dx
#328719 OBD 1 ecu's do not have an o2 sensor after the cat. Therefore, they have no way of knowing if your car has a cat or not. The only people who will know are the people behind your car who can hear the louder rhaspy exhaust sound.
By alexwiththeeg3
#328735 So the check engine light wont come on on my d13? But not only that it wont be running as good as it could if I put a full exhaust on and had the standard map?
By nd1983
#328736 o\
alexwiththeeg3 wrote:So the check engine light wont come on on my d13? But not only that it wont be running as good as it could if I put a full exhaust on and had the standard map?

removing the cat and running a straight pipe out the rear will make it louder possibly remove some needed back pressure but you won't notice a performance difference if you stick to stock size pipe.

noise on the other hand will be louder as there is not as much to muffle the sound
By alexwiththeeg3
#328737 I think the pipes are like 2.5" which will be an increase, where would I
take my car to get my ecu fiddled with? I dont know of anyone thats worked on a d-series
By teal_dx
#328739 On a stock D series motor, you're going to lose low end power with no cat and a 2.5" exhaust.

There isn't anything that you can do to fiddle with the ecu unless you chip it and install tuning software. Then you would need to get it dyno tuned, which is hardly worth any HP you might gain at 7000 rpm.

With just a larger exhaust, the ecu should be fine. Disconnect the battery for 20 mins (or pull the ecu fuse for 1 min) and the ecu will begin to re-learn. :thumb:
By Trix
#328740 i had custom bent 2.25 inch piping along with an obx muffler, but didnt have headers on just from the cat all the way back, and i didnt have any raspy at all and got rid of the resiginator or however the hell you spell it lol

but it was on my 99 ek coupe with a d16y8
By alexwiththeeg3
#328747 So I can put a full exhaust system on with a decat pipe, and everything SHOULD be ok?
By Trix
#328748 u should be fine i have piping all the way through my car with im thinking a glasspack well thats what the guy said when i got it, but thats about it, so i have no cat, only thing is it stinks when u get on it, and if you dont mind the raspy bullshit
By alexwiththeeg3
#328750 Well looks like I'm putting the lot on then, thanks for all the help guys!
By noname87
#330677 the eg Si hatch has a different exhaust route out the back than the other models. si exits out the left from what ive seen and all the rest exit out the right side of the rear bumper
By HeikDiesel
noname87 wrote:the eg Si hatch has a different exhaust route out the back than the other models. si exits out the left from what ive seen and all the rest exit out the right side of the rear bumper

This is not true