D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By enanoeg92
#328225 Hey hopefully someone can help I have eg with 97 civic motor when I first start it in the morning it reves up and down then when it's "warms up" it sputters like if the motor die or sounds like for short little burst all this started happen when I put the ac system back on plz don't know wat else it could be
By MG6
#328226 did you do anything recently? More details will help.
By enanoeg92
#328227 No I have nothing else done to it wat else can It be??
By MG6
#328228 check your coolant level.

* open the radiator to see if you have any coolant.
* any signs of the tubes leaking?

it can be air bubbles in your coolant system causing the rev during start up.. But it can also be other factors. Check the system first as this doesn't cost you anything.

also, you mention, you put a.c. System back on. Did you install the a.c. Or ?
By enanoeg92
#328229 I think I do have a pipe leaking the one that connects from the motor to the car
By MG6
#328230 you mean the upper coolant tube where it is connect near the rad cap to the cylinders head.

:thumb: replace and bleed the coolant system. Then call it done.
By enanoeg92
#328231 How do I bleed the coolant system
By wakkjobb
#328239 IACV will do this sputter/rev/die thing like you're talking about.

Maybe something got bumped when the A/C was re-installed?
By teal_dx
enanoeg92 wrote:How do I bleed the coolant system

engine cold, remove radiator cap.

Start car, get engine warm. When the thermostat opens and coolant begins to flow, the coolant level in the radiator will drop as the air comes to the top. Just keep topping off the coolant level as it drops and you'll replace all the air pockets with coolant. :thumb:
By enanoeg92
#328547 wakkjobb----> it's not the IACV I changed that and it keeps on doing it acceleration does not respond like it should.... it bobs they told its cuz I have to reset my computer I would I do that??
By enanoeg92
#328553 No my engine light does not turn on but my check battery light flickers from time to time