D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By alexwiththeeg3
#327939 So I have a couple of questions on the d13... Firstly, how big of a job is changing the single carb to a dual carb? And secondly, how would I go about getting boosted? Noticed there's a ton of room due to the exhaust manifold being located at the front of engine, but what kind of work would need to be done to pull off a turbo?
Any light shed on the matter would be much appreciated :)
By MG6
#327940 I don't know much about it but isn't changing single carb to dual is a matter of parts? Then you will need to tune it up to make sure you have all the correct fuel feeling into the motor and not over flowing to make it rich.

And as for turbo, It will be all the same and assume with any turbo. Just make sure you know your piston and head can handle the HP you bumping out.

Did you consider S/C it instead?
By alexwiththeeg3
#327953 I figured I would probably have to get the fueling set up.. Just wondered if it would be a case of getting a new induction kit too (I have the big ass tray)

I think the engine would be able to handle it, I wouldn't be looking to run a great deal of boost, just want something that will give it a bit more clout :)

I can't say a supercharger is something I've really thought about, the thing that puts me off is the fact that it's my first and only car, so it would be my everyday runner and s/c do guzzle a lot of petrol of I'm not mistaken.. Turbos can still be used and have fuel efficiency as well.
By MG6
#327970 I don't think it will make a difference on fuel consumption once you mod it from a single to dual carb. You will suck a lot of fuel no matter what.

As for S/C vs turbo. I'll let others add their input as I don't have any comparison between the both on a honda.
By MG6
#328054 no problem. You might want to post in the boost section of the forum since it is related to boosting.

Also, might want to think like a turbo setup unless you have something in mind like a custom setup of a turbo.

Meaning:
Custom manifold, piping, intercooler, Air intake, waste gate, then you have to look into tuning software that controls your dual carb.

good luck and can't wait to see your masterpiece.
By alexwiththeeg3
#328176 Think I'll post in boost section, might get a bit more notice in there, thanks for all the advice