D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By mitch6
#327885 Problem: odd high pitch noise in the belt area, and low idle is lower than usual, around 200RPM

I recently have changed these items to my D16z6 ej1 coupe winter car:

1. Timing blet
2. Water pump
3. Tensioner
4. Timing cover seal
5. PS pump belt
6. Alternator belt
7. Head gaskest

when that was all done and I have started it up and it made a high pitch noise only when I rev the engine up to around 3000RPM. I think it might be the alternator belt being loose. Does anyone think maybe it could end up being related to the timing belt anywhere?

I also went to replace my IACV but I lost the filter... (Could that cause this idle problem?) As I already mentioned, the idel very low, around 100-200 RPM when ifeling.

The timing should be okay, it was all done at TDC. But I don't know if people have had problems related to timing similar to this?

Let me know if anyone has an answer? Thannks

I am going to get another IACV later
By JUICE
#327933 Get the alternator checked, make sure its putting out enough power. I've also seen cars struggle to idle when they got a fuel pump starting to take a shit. I'll watch the vid later when I get home.
By MG6
#327937 did you check your PS belt? like juice said, alt belt as well.

Did you tighten down the tensioner enough? If not, you can try poping the small window black tab out and see if it is tight already. But if it is loose, you might as well open it up to make sure your t belt is tight on the exhaust side. don't want your valves to pop.
By brandoff88
#327938 it almost sounds like something is rubbing...maybe somethings binding up making the motor work harder...i havent really seen this issue before but thats just my .02...
By mitch6
#327941 Yea it's not the PS belt for sure, but I think it might be one of the bearings, either the water pump or tensioner? I am gona take it apart again. The belt is nice, it's not too loose or tight. I am also thinking maybe it coming from one of the plates that go inbetween the tensioner and block or the one that goes inbetween the crankshaft timing belt pulley and the timing seal gasket.

Just picked up another IACV too
By MG6
mitch6 wrote:I am also thinking maybe it coming from one of the plates that go inbetween the tensioner and block or the one that goes inbetween the crankshaft timing belt pulley and the timing seal gasket.

I don't think there is a plate inbetween the tensioner. There is one on the crankshaft. Make sure you place it in the right direction when putting on the plate on the crankshaft. This might be causing the sound as well.
By mitch6
MG6 wrote:
mitch6 wrote:I am also thinking maybe it coming from one of the plates that go inbetween the tensioner and block or the one that goes inbetween the crankshaft timing belt pulley and the timing seal gasket.

I don't think there is a plate inbetween the tensioner. There is one on the crankshaft. Make sure you place it in the right direction when putting on the plate on the crankshaft. This might be causing the sound as well.

Yes that was the problem, just finished fixing it, and it's running very smooth now, thank you for your time and input everyone!