D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By MG6
#327854 Ok, i am semi :x at this point. I set TDC before pulling the t belt to perform a w/p, tensioner, and cam pulley seal.

All set and pop back in until setting the t belt in place. I started with the cam shaft, loop into the tensioner, water pump first. Then pulled the t belt on the exhaust side to slide the belt over the cam pulley. All good, but when trying to adjust the tensioner by holding the cam pulley on the top and cranking the cam shaft to lock the tensioner in place... it went good, but :x :x :x

the exhaust side is still a little loose. Feels like I am off by 1 tooth or 2 tooth on the cam pulley.

any way to set the TDC on the cam pulley beside:
Image?

This is for the VX 1992 hatch. I will take the belt off again, and try to see if it is all TDC bottom to the top using the image above, but this sucks!!!

Toyota have a little peep hole on the cam to make sure it is all TDC even when lining up the cam pulley. Honda, didn't think twice to make a fail safety? :?
By MG6
#327936 what a pain in the :x I tell you, if your eye isn't level you will be seeing stars!!!

It sure was off, and all lock and tight :woot:

Now time to pull out both axle :roll: