D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By Peruvian0311
#327816 I just bought 94 hatch and it was leaking oil so I got new packings and they were installed , but then still barely leaked oil when I drove it. I check the screws on the cover and two of them just twist but never tighten but it was hard to pull them out . I got to pull one out and it seemed as where the screw goes was craked .. What could I do to fix it would I need a new engine block ?
By teal_dx
Peruvian0311 wrote:I just bought 94 hatch and it was leaking oil so I got new packings and they were installed , but then still barely leaked oil when I drove it. I check the screws on the cover and two of them just twist but never tighten but it was hard to pull them out . I got to pull one out and it seemed as where the screw goes was craked .. What could I do to fix it would I need a new engine block ?

Leaking oil from where? What new packings were installed and where? What cover did you check screws on? Do you mean the bolts on the valve cover :?
By HeikDiesel
#327834 You should post pics to bridge the terminology barrier we are having.
By Peruvian0311
#327841 https://mail-attachment.googleuserconte ... s&sadssc=1

im not sure how to put pics, but there Is the link. packings were installed on the engine on the top and bottom. and yes I believe it was the valve cover, if its the cover were is says vetch . also I checked the spark plugs and there was oil in one of them I don't think that's good.. im new to all this ;/
By teal_dx
#327875 the attachment is asking me to log in to view.

here is help on posting pics http://www.civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=5745
and http://www.civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=8381

I'm not sure what you mean when you say packings :?

Are you saying they replaced the oil pan gasket and valve cover gasket?

There are 4 donut seals that go around the plug holes to keep oil from getting down in there.
By Peruvian0311
#328562 thanks for the feed back teal-dx, so I replaced the gasket on the valve cover and also the sparkplug gaskets (the one you showed me) and the sparks plugs are now dry but its still leaking oil from the valve cover and its the second time I replace the gaskets. the guy that did the job said the middle stud couldn't be tighten because the place on the head where the stud screws was broken. so he tighten up the other four studs and said it should be good but still leaks. would I have to get a new cylinder head in order to fix this or can I send in my cylinder head somewhere to get a new socket for the stud.
By crazy-88
#328569 most head shops charge about 15$ per stripped thread. so it's not a bad idea to send it out. no need to replace the head if its still good.
By Peruvian0311
#328576 The thread is not striped on the head its broken
By teal_dx
#328577 If it's sticking out of the head at all, grab it with vise grips and twist it out.

If it broke off down in the hole, then you'll need to use a reverse drill bit tool and screw extractor.

If you don't feel comfortable trying it, a machine shop could also do it, but you would have to bring them the head unless they would come out and work on your car in the parking lot.
By Peruvian0311
#328579 There's no place for the stud to screw in the head .. The socket on the head is just not there .the previous owner somehow cracked that socket on the head and there's only piece of metal sticking out
By HeikDiesel
#328586 Image

Are you talking about #14
By Peruvian0311
#328593 Pretty sure 14 is the stud that goes through the valve cover to the head if it is where 14 goes is cracked in half .. If it doesn't make sense ill take a picture when I take the valve cover off
By HeikDiesel
#328600 Then you need to remove all of #14 because that goes down through your cam cap and into the cylinder head. Then order a new one and you are good to go.
By reaperstk
Peruvian0311 wrote:There's no place for the stud to screw in the head .. The socket on the head is just not there .the previous owner somehow cracked that socket on the head and there's only piece of metal sticking out

wait so ur saying the hole that the screw suppose to go in isnt there?
Or ur saying he broke the screw and left half of it still attached to the head?
By Peruvian0311
#328609 Yes we're the screw goes in isn't there