D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By theforce
#327565 Hey fellas, I've got a EG4 with D15Z2 (Single Carb), MT and just over 200k kms and cannot find much information on it online since people throw these out and do a FI swap. Well, I want to stay away from that path and work on this carb and see what it can do. I found some threads on other Honda forums but they were missing all pictures and couldn't understand shit coz the discussions were all over the place and people were very limited with their carburetor knowledge as all they could suggest was "do an engine swap", hate that sentence:thumbdown:

Firstly, I'm thinking so putting bike carbs on it and I've been looking at people doing this to old school VW Golfs. Then I have bigger plans for interior and body panels, just want to make it a bit different to every other EG out there with the same repetitive, non-innovative mods. For now I want to just lower it and put a new exhaust, thinking 2.5" (header back with high flow cat).

Ok, now the problem I'm having is that fuel economy has been coming down over the past 3 months. 3/4 tank got me about 520kms and now 1/2 tank struggle to 150kms. I've changed the air filter as well. At the same time I've noticed that sometimes when I turn off the car, it chokes and shudders likes its stalling and I hear like a "whhoooossss" noise (kinda like opening your fuel cap).

Any ideas?
By theforce
#327612 Assuming no carby guys here? :roll:
By d13breeze
#330328 Hey, I know how you feel, I have the D13B2, its exactly the same but with a shorter stroke. iv had 2 civics that have had in-line fuel filters (near the carby) that have leaked because of a cracked rubber seal. might be a vacuum leak but I wouldn't have thought it would mack that bigger difference.

I was thinking of putting twin SU carby's on mine from the d15b4 and have a custom plenum made up.
as for the "whhoooossss" noise, I have no idea :?
By omerdragoon
#332390 Sir im a carby guy from a place far far away so anyways that whoooss happens to me too just take out ur carb and try cleaning it and take a very very thin wire and clean the injectors throughout with the wire and petrol if that also does not work out try changing your butterfly and if that also doesnt work then i cant help ;/