D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By brandoff88
#327265 so i did some research, and tried a couple things a few guys on here told me...my throttle cable is just fine so i know thats no twhy im idling high, but i did read any vacuum leaks or air entering the system after the map senser could cause high idle along with leaking head gasket correct? if so i noticed i m dribbling a littel coolant out of my motor somehwere, could be the house spout where the upper radiator hose connects to, but its looking like its coming out the corner of my head...could the head gasket have gone bad from sitting for so long? i never took the head off the motor so im fairly sure that should be fine, but im so frustrated that i finally after two weeks got it running, and now i find im dribbling coolant and idleing at like 2500rpm or around there, i have yet to spray for leaks around the intake and tb but its definitly on the to do list, i just can understand how i keep haveing so many issues...i fix one thing and 10 more issues arise...im about ready to sell this piece of shit, i have spent over a year and a half trying to get it done right and alot of fucking money....i know this kinda work isnt easy, but fuck, its like pulling teeth without anethesia....im just stumped as to what would be causing all my issues....if it turns out the hg is bad im probably just going to sell the car.....or burn the fucker down.....its either that or i strip the car down to nothing and start AGAIN...and i dont want to...
By brandoff88
#327267 well i just went out and looked, i fired it up 2 nights ago to show my freind how it idels high, and when i went to look at it today just a min ago to start checking for problems i look under the car and theres a huge puddle of oil and coolant sitting there....looks like i just wasted a shit ton of time and money....
By brandoff88
#327273 nope the only things i changed were oil filter, spark plugs, wires, dizzy(cuz the one it came with went bad), put the rest on and put the motor in, i have a feeling my oil might be from vc gasket, looks like a corner of it is split or not sealing, but im thinking about just pulling the motor out and replacing everything i can besides crank cam and shit like that, with all new OEM parts and just have it bored and put back together profesionally so i know 100% its not going to have issues, but for a motor with 40 k on it and good compression numbers from what teh company said this shouldnt be happening....i never spereated the head from teh block or anything like that, just looked it over made sure everything was good it still starts and runs, but if its leaking coolant i dont want to run it anymore...ya know...im so upset and irritated im about to sell the car or burn it ya know.... :(
By brandoff88
#327274 and if i have to do that, thats another like 250 in parts alone....thermostat, head studs, gasket, and then i have to have to block and head checked....FML....
By brandoff88
#327275 i will say this if they try to offer to send me another engine, ima say nope send my money back and come get your shit motor...unless they wanna send me like a b16 or something :lol:
By MG6
#327283 That sucks! Hope you didn't pay too much for the motor! Don't give up, as it does sucks when the problem can't be solve quickly.

I am working on my dad's inquired EG D15, and it is bitter sweet with blood and sweat here and there but getting it back on the road like it used too makes me fall right back into Honda EG love.

Miss my Teal Auto DX hatchy but it is driven currently by my mom, so all good as I know that engine is problem free for a long time - all stock!
By brandoff88
#327301 well i decided to have someone a little more knowledgable look at the motor while it was running, and it apperars the upper radiator hose is giving me problems, im went and got both upper and lower radiator hoses, a new thermostat and valve cover gasket kit and a cheap sunpro tach so i can set my idle correctly, will be a little rice for now, but shes a honda lol...im glad it wasnt a hg issue i was about to flip my lid....its ben a long day and i have to work tomorrow so hopefully on my next day off i can take care of those two issues, then i just gotta figure out the idle issue, im going to put a little water in a spray bottle and check intake tb gaskets, i hope its not the im gasket, that things a bitch to get off with the motor in the car....but im certainly glad i dont have to pull the motor or replace a hg....sorry for being irritated earlier lol...hope to have much happier updates later on this week