D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By Martin_Bros
#327228 Alright well this leak has been going on for a long time now and I still don't know where its coming from. All the oil leaks from the top of the tranny to the bottom. I swear the whole tranny is covered with oil. Its like coming from the bottom of the distributor ? Help?
By 92civic_vx
#327229 check the dizzy seal, and the vtec sol. gaskets, mine leaked fron the sol and would run all down the trans.
By Martin_Bros
92civic_vx wrote:check the dizzy seal, and the vtec sol. gaskets, mine leaked fron the sol and would run all down the trans.

Yeah man its just running down the tranny. U think they sell theses seals
at auto zones ?
By rustyrex
#327231 AutoZone only carries the dizzy o ring. I used to manage one. The seal inside the dizzy for the shaft you can find online. Replace both and your golden.
By Martin_Bros
#327232 [quote="rustyrex"]AutoZone only carries the dizzy o ring. I used to manage one. The seal inside the dizzy for the shaft you can find online. Replace both and your golden.[/quote

So replace the O ring and the seal inside dizzy shaft and I'm good ?:) what about the VTEC Sol? ]
By rustyrex
#327233 It wouldn't hurt. I'd do the dizzy first and see if that stops the leak.
By MG6
#327234 you might as well change the dizzy gasket, o ring and the vtec sol. I mean, when did you changed these before, if you don't remember or just got the car, might as well.
By HeikDiesel
#327247 Clean the engine off and isolate where the leak is coming from. Shouldn't be that hard to see. No need to re-seal everything on that side of the engine for no reason
By Martin_Bros
HeikDiesel wrote:Clean the engine off and isolate where the leak is coming from. Shouldn't be that hard to see. No need to re-seal everything on that side of the engine for no reason

Thanks for the help man
By Martin_Bros
Martin_Bros wrote:
onibakagaijin wrote:Check this thread http://www.civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t ... highlight=

I gave a pic of the gasket part number from felpro I got at O'Reilly and added it written. Hope that helps and check the vtec solenoid.

That helped a lot man thanks !

damn guys my leak went away for a little bit but now the leak is back again but from the back. maybe solinoid like others said ?
By Martin_Bros
onibakagaijin wrote:Check this thread http://www.civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t ... highlight=

I gave a pic of the gasket part number from felpro I got at O'Reilly and added it written. Hope that helps and check the vtec solenoid.

damn guys my leak went away for a little bit but now the leak is back again but from the back. maybe solinoid like others said ?
By MG6
#327794 is it near the val cover? If so, change both as I just changed my dad's one.
By Martin_Bros
#330166 [quote="MG6"]is it near the val cover? If so, change both as I just changed my dad's one.[/quote.

Damn I just sealed my solenoid and my distributor but still a leak from the back of the engine what you think?.